WTF!! Strange one, boost + water temp

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i noticed while its boosting from like 4psi onwards the factory water temp sensor will start to go down gradually.

J25GTi

Lifer
Will be a fucked thermostat. It would be to do with the speed cooling the water not the boost.

Obviously as you boost you are accelerating and moving air faster over the rad.

Change the stat and bleed the system and all should be well

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
thermo is preety much new! ONLY MONTHS OLD! and system is bled fine as heaters work good

J25GTi

Lifer
Headgasket allowing coolant to blow by? Would be the only thing I could think of if the coolant is affected by boost.

Inlet mani gasket?

Throttle body pipes?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i dont think so, no symptoms of head gasket.

whats happening is boosting and temp guage goes down, as soon as i let throotle of, temp goes back to normal (half way)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
sounds strange sheldon.. have u moved a jumper in the emu recently? mainly pins 11 to 15?

you could also have a wire which is earthing somewhere... pop round near me tomorrow if u can and ill have a look if u need help :)

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
sounds strange sheldon.. have u moved a jumper in the emu recently? mainly pins 11 to 15?

you could also have a wire which is earthing somewhere... pop round near me tomorrow if u can and ill have a look if u need help :)

kon

nah mate didnt touch any jumpers. could be air traped in the coolant system? il try to do a log tomorow and see if thr actual reading goes down on the EMU for water temp.

HYBRID

good idea shel.. it could also be an electrical problem.. have a look to see if all the sensors are attached propperly on the thermo housing.. u never know there could be a wire/sensor which is playing up..

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
good idea shel.. it could also be an electrical problem.. have a look to see if all the sensors are attached propperly on the thermo housing.. u never know there could be a wire/sensor which is playing up..

kon

now that your saying that, there is the water temp sensor wire a bit botched up, but it should be doing a good contact. anyway i cant see this wire being the issue only with boost?lol its funny..

HYBRID

lol it could be shel.. min jaf lol.. it could also be shes overfuelling on boost which causes everything to cool down.. boqq lol ma nafx.. but im sure its not a big problem whatever it is.. (fingers crossed).

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
lol it could be shel.. min jaf lol.. it could also be shes overfuelling on boost which causes everything to cool down.. boqq lol ma nafx.. but im sure its not a big problem whatever it is.. (fingers crossed).

kon

dunno... its annoying that i dont know whats happening exactly... still pulling good and working normaly, so if it stays like that, im not too bothered

weeJohn

Lifer
The stock water temp sensor for the gauge is seperate from the ecu sensor so that would be a good way to check if the coolant temp is dropping.

The stock gauge sensor does not operated that quickly, so I would say there is a problem with the sensor itself or at the instrument cluster. If the wiring comes loose the temp goes up, I think you might have a wiring fault that when the boost lights come on on the cluster, it is draining power from the temp gauge.

whiteglanzav

Member +
yer it deffo sound like a wiring problem to me even if it wasnt and it was hg or somthing else the water temp would be going up instead of down n e ways !!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
The stock water temp sensor for the gauge is seperate from the ecu sensor so that would be a good way to check if the coolant temp is dropping.

The stock gauge sensor does not operated that quickly, so I would say there is a problem with the sensor itself or at the instrument cluster. If the wiring comes loose the temp goes up, I think you might have a wiring fault that when the boost lights come on on the cluster, it is draining power from the temp gauge.

that totaly makes sense mate! thanks for that...

i will do some test and see what i can get out..