wtk what type of fuel on td04?

A172

Member +
Ok...so I will be going with a td04 turbo pretty soon....so I've been doing some
reading on all the threads pertaining to it and I've gathered this:

on a td04 with 1bar you guys make about 190-200whp....right?

However, a very good tuner(his skill is NOT an issue here) here had to run 20lbs of boost to make the same 200whp on a guy's 4efte....but this was on regular pump gas, and we got VERY shitty gas here...like 92 octane

So this brings me to ask what kinda fuel u guys using across there...what octane rating@ that 1bar?

Much appreciated.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Most people use shell v-power or BP ultimate etc.

97-99 octane, depends where you get it.

Shell i think are 98

Tescos is 99

BP is 97

iirc..............

munday

Member +
Normal pump fuel is 95RON, Super is 97, and tesco 99 and v power are 99RON, most people use v power or tesco 99 i believe.

The RON ratings are calculated differently between europe and the USA however, not sure what system you guys would have? The way the USA calculates the RON rating usually gives a lower RON than the european way

A172

Member +
I'm in the Caribbean....trust me, the gas we got here is piss poor...sometimes it's like water :/

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

Normal pump fuel is 95RON, Super is 97, and tesco 99 and v power are 99RON, most people use v power or tesco 99 i believe.

The RON ratings are calculated differently between europe and the USA however, not sure what system you guys would have? The way the USA calculates the RON rating usually gives a lower RON than the european way

every country different!
Shell v power over here 97 octane
BP Ultimate 98 (NL)

Germany = v power ron100