Xbox 360 + New TV HELP!

stuart

Member +
Hi all,

Just got my 32" hd tv delivered, plugged in the xbox, same way as i did previously but the picture quality is poor, and the colours are even worse!

I changed my xbox 360 settings to PAL50 and also to widescreen, this made such a difference, everything was crisp....but none of the games I have play in PAL50 they are all PAL60, PAL60 being where everything is poor!!

Anyone else had this problem?

I'm buying a HDMI cable for the xbox to the TV but need something asap to cure the picture as I'm starting to shake from withdrawl symptoms :(

~stu

Damage

Member +
You need to do the following. Turn the switch on the display wiring to hdtv than go to setting and you choose from there how you want the graphics to be displayed mate. You dont need to buy any extra wires and also connect the reg, green and blue wires on the component side of your tv instead of the scart ones.

stuart

Member +
Sorry to sound daft mate but what switch???

I don't have the HDMI componant cables yet, i'm buying them today hopefully, still using old xbox ones...

EP82

Member +
Argos sell a HDMI cable quite cheap:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5345258/Trail/searchtext>HDMI+LEAD.htm

I was going to go HDMI but then I saw the price of projectors £200 bought me this beast:

projector2.jpg

72" corner to corner!

stuart

Member +
Gears of War is in black and white at the moment, the only colour thats there is the scoreboard :(

All I did was unplug the 3 comp cables from old TV and plug them into the new one, and everything has gone shit!!

Gee

Member +
Graphics are crap on projectors thou! Its big, but not worth the sacrifice for me!

Please note that unless you have a XBOX Elite (black one) it does not have a HDMI connection. You can get leads/connectors to connect it to your HDMI port, but it wont be true HDMI.

EP82

Member +
Ah right im forgetting I have the Elite, Just need a HD ready projector now. TBH the quality on the projector is really good but you do need to take some time to set it up perfect.

Gee

Member +
Gears of War is in black and white at the moment, the only colour thats there is the scoreboard :(

All I did was unplug the 3 comp cables from old TV and plug them into the new one, and everything has gone shit!!

What lead are you using? The standard componant one you got with it? If so, make sure it connected to the componant sockets on the TV (RED-BLUE-GREEN) as this support 720i etc. Also, make sure you have clicked the switch to HD on the cable from the xbox itself and go to the display setting from the main dash and sort the quality from there.

Damage

Member +
Its the component cables you need mate those are the ones I use to get the graphics in HD. You should have 6 plugs to go into the TV.... red, white and yellow and another 3 blue, green, red. You need to connect the blue green red ones

EP82

Member +
Get yourself donw to argos: Cheaper than ebay!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5679845/Trail/searchtext>XBOX+HD.htm

Gee

Member +
Guess will have to wait till I buy the cables I linked above :(

Mate, you dont! The standard lead IS componant! Just switch the switch on the lead itself to HD and connect the colours up as above.

Only lead I would recommend is the AV lead, a the colours can be a little dark if its an LCD you have.

stuart

Member +
it is a LCD, I have the old cables mate, no switch on them, just red/white/yellow.

Just changed the colour settings on the TV to PAL and the colour comes back, but the tv now has loads of black/grey lines going through it, I adjust the colour settings (on the tv) back to auto and it goes back to black and white.

Fucking thing. :(

Gee

Member +
it is a LCD, I have the old cables mate, no switch on them, just red/white/yellow.

Just changed the colour settings on the TV to PAL and the colour comes back, but the tv now has loads of black/grey lines going through it, I adjust the colour settings (on the tv) back to auto and it goes back to black and white.

Fucking thing. :(

Did you buy a premium or core? I think only premium came with the leads. In that case, go get yourself a VGA cable mate. But make sure you have the connection first onyour TV. Go in to settings and use the high possible resolution your TV will handle. Looks like this mate

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r327668/GAMEware-Xbox-360-VGA-Cable/

Get the official one for better quality.

stuart

Member +
Just the core version mate, the tv can take a vga cable...Just a bit pissed that got to buy something else :)

Along with a HD cable that goes from bt vision box to the tv, bastards :D

Gee

Member +
Should do mate! It will probably work on you 'PC' channel on the TV mate. Put it to the highest resolution setting it can handle in the settings from the main dash.