y0 need help!

zetecchap

Fresh Recruit
right im new, im chris, 17, 18 end of this month!

currently drive a mk5 fiesta zetec s with a 1.7 puma engine, running around 130bhp! rolling road proved ;)

i need some glanza help!
i really do not like the look of starlet GT's, and much prefer the glanza's!

are all glanza's imports? thats what i want to know. i saw a glanza for sale, put the registration into confused.com and it picked it up, which normally means it isnt an import, it came up as Glanza GL. the picture of the engine was turbo'd y0! and the insurance was 1500quid :S whereas an imported one was 3000!

can someone shed some light for me, much appreciated :rockon:

sanchez

Member +
Hi mate, welcome to TGTT.

Yeah all Glanza V's and all GT's are import only mate.
Could be the one your looking at has undergone a conversion ie. bodykit and 4efte engine...

You got a link to the car your looking at?

davehart

Member +
Every Glanza in the UK is an import. They were only ever produced in japan, as with the GT models.

When you put reg's in they can come up as all sorts due to differing reasons.

At 18? Insurance on a Glanza should be a nice four fiqure sum so get prepared.

corofin12345

Member +
all glanzas and gt's outside japan are imports...it was obviously registered that way by who ever imported it.."always insure the car for what it really is even if log book states differently cause ur only asking for trouble with the police/gards if u dont" welcome along 2 the site buddy

boostup

Member +
dont forget some people get them registered as GL and stuff so thay can get them insured cheap:freddy:

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
yes but when the old bill pulls you up and open your bonnet then your gonna be :argue:. And if you do have a crash and the insurance company finds out its a import- turbo they wont pay out

Your better off geting a glanza S they come in black there the same shape as the glanza but with a different bonnet and its a 1.3 non turbo nice tho.

dont forget some people get them registered as GL and stuff so thay can get them insured cheap:freddy:

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +

and then get pulled over by the police/gards and they ask ya for ur log book and not 2 mention if u crash into someone u wont b covered and then get brought 2 court for fraud amoungst other things..........

corofin12345

Member +
yes but when the old bill pull you up and open your bonnet then your gonna be :argue:. And if you do that and you have a crash the insurance company wont pay out as soon as see the turbo.

Your better off geting a glanza S they come in black there the same shape as the glanza but with a different bonnet and its a 1.3 non turbo nice tho.

feck sake dan.. haha... lol :p

boostup

Member +
i was onli explainin to him as why its coming up as a glanza GL and as for geting it insured as somthing which its not thats just asking for truble when u make a claim they will not pay you out and you will be in a whole load of other shit as others have said

CMR

Member +
Personal advice, never just use the registration of an imported car to get an insurance quote or policy. It will ALWAYS be wrong.

At 18, insurance on a Glanza V, Your looking at £1800~ or more depending on your no claims, postal area etc. Either get a GT which are cheaper to insure as they are on most commercial insurers books unlike the Glanza V or wait a few years.

ALaN

Member +
When I 1st got my glanza it was registered as a 1.3 supra turbo! Haha
good old sva imports!

Just to rub it in I pay 360 quid for my insurance wahahahaha! But then I'm 25 and have my mrs on the policy.