Year 2000 car, registered in ireland. in uk?

Jules-B

Member +
Hi all

Im looking at an s15 in northern ireland. now im thinking since this car is under 10 years old, what are the rules for when i bring it from northern ireland into the uk? will i have to get it sva'd again?

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Yep, last time I looked, Northern Ireland was in the UK Jules... :homer: Therefore, if it's registered there, it's registered here... If it's not registered, then it's SVA time until it's over 10 years old.

Last edited:

Jules-B

Member +
Ah! i thought there was some differences due to them not having an Mot and different kind of number plates...

So i can drive it here fine with the plates on it etc?

Andrew. tis a chap in northern ireland and i might do a deal on his car for mine

gtturbo135

Fresh Recruit
once its on a northern plate and u bring it back to england u do not have to change it because its already registered northern ireland and england are the same

Vglanza

Member +
Ah! i thought there was some differences due to them not having an Mot and different kind of number plates...

So i can drive it here fine with the plates on it etc?

Andrew. tis a chap in northern ireland and i might do a deal on his car for mine

we do have MOT over here mate, your number plate wont be a problem, people from here buy cars from england all the time, and alot of personilised plates over here from england, you wont have any problems.:)