yet another problem, help needed guys

daz gt

Member +
well after replaceing my water pump after it went on the way to the MOT, took it for another MOT and it passed after fixing a few things. the car has been off the road for the last year so was good to have it back, drove it around abit since last wed only done 140mile in it as its my weekend car and there was no problems with it at al.
took it out thurs night to brim it with fuel ready to go to USC today still running sweat, got up at 4 to set off and drove through town(about a 2min drive) to my mates pub to pick him up, smelt oil on the when i was litteraly round the corner and when i pulled up clouds of white smoke out the exhaust and oil dripping out from engine, didnt even bother looking this mornin we just went in his car and on the way i thought it was turbo oil seals, but got home and had a look, it takes about 2mins for it to start smoking out the exhaust when you start it and the oil is dripping . . . sorry running out of inbetween the two cambelt covers, but this is as far as ive looked i aint taken anything to bits yet but now im thinking head gasket???

anyone confirm this of have any other suggestions??
help would be good
cheers guys
daz

pig666eon

Member +
there is a few thing to check and see if its the head gasket man check rad cap for any froth and also take a sample from the sump to see if there is water

tbh if its coming in between the covers its most likely bad news man

weeJohn

Lifer
Did you take the inlet mani off to do the waterpump or the altenator and do it from below?

Take the top cover off and see where the oil is coming from. There are a few seals on the cams and the rocker cover gasket that could cause a leak in that area and be an easy fix.

daz gt

Member +
Did you take the inlet mani off to do the waterpump or the altenator and do it from below?

Take the top cover off and see where the oil is coming from. There are a few seals on the cams and the rocker cover gasket that could cause a leak in that area and be an easy fix.

been told it could be the front cam seal but would that make all the white smoke from the exhaust?

daz gt

Member +
well finally managed to pull the car into the garage after painting the floor, took the top can cover off and the oil is leaking from the slave cam (the one without the pulley) so im guessing it is the cam seal. has anyone changed one of these before if so whats it like to change and any tips? and im guessing its a toyota only part?

but i carnt see why this would cause the amount of white smoke pouring out the exhaust?? or is this another problem?

help would be good guys

cheers daz