yet another TD04 question...

rwdrev

Member +
rite, sourced an engine,(cos mines fooked) pickin it up satdy, and should be running by tea time, all going well,i am already running td04l with external wg and the rest of the mods, but due to not having money to get the rest of the bits to put emu on, can i run it using the standard management, set the rrfpr to standard toyota pressure and run 0.9 bar of boost and it be ok untill i get emu on? i cant see it being a problem, but just though i'd ask

rwdrev

Member +
i got two springs, 0.3 and 0.9 bar spring in it at the moment. power at the moment aint a big issue, i just want it reliable, just until i get emu on it, hopefully within the next couple months. but then it comes down to who i can trust to map it. wallace performance is a BIG no no, so looks like i am going to have to travel to get it mapped

thefalls

Member +
If you put the 0.9 bar spring then you wont be able to run lower boost than 0.9. And without management or a fuel check you should stay away from the boost zone.

As said above 0.6 bar should be safe,but to be safer just go for a fuel check [ using a wideband of course].

turboloon

Member +
as above chris..i would use wallace(probably will to get the car remapped..),i'm at home now by the way if ye wanna pop doon any time..:)

kemnaychris

Member +
Cant see why u wont use Wallace performance they have never let me down and there service has been excellent got some pretty decent power figures from my ct9 and td12 I can't fault Matty at all he has went out his way couple times so I can race at knockhill and at banzai :)

U should honestly try them again but have the right mods on ur car to match the power your achieving mate :)

If u have lost ur faith in wp go to Edinburgh and see Russ at performance hq

rwdrev

Member +
baconfrys took his there and didnt last long, and a couple of my mates have went there (not too long ago) and wouldnt rev over 5k (gsi astra) and was flat as a fart. and they always seem to map them lean. so i aint going there. mite try russ. but for now i will just put it back to near standard settings with td04 and run hardly any boost.....until i save up for this engine rebuild. thinking on getting stuff from the states, but not sure on import taxes and how much it would be, any ideas?

Iv never seen one mapped lean yet there always a tad rich to keep em safe
Every one forgets that we try and take all we can out a std engine's that have already been round the globe .ur always going to have issues especially the way we cane them ! So IMO 95% if negative feed back is down to some one looking for some one to blame when it all goes wrong !

Infact they have Mapped 95% of my customers cars and the all still go very well

Last edited:

rwdrev

Member +
hmm... will think about it.

anyhu, updates from 2night....

526795_447663571920007_1105914830_n.jpg

229826_447662538586777_915602449_n.jpg

181386_447661238586907_2025188599_n.jpg

not bad for hour and halfs work :D