yet another td04 thread!

dark_knight

Member +
i know this has been covered tonnes of times and so my question is slightly different: what do you fellaz who have done the swap to td04 use for the oil feed line..? braided or hard-line..? i'm asking because i'm just a little curious as to how well the braided lines handle the searing turbo heat. anyone who has run their swapped conversion for a few months is welcome to answer this.. :D & perhaps even share pix of how their oil feed lines look after some abuse..

dac69er

Super Moderator
i dont think anyone has used hard lines. i used a braided line and have had no issues!

weeJohn

Lifer
I used the same braided oil line for about 5 years, it was off and on loads of times, the turbo actually gave in before it did lol.

dark_knight

Member +
oil feed banjo bolt spex

alright. another quick one: what is the thread pitch on the oil feed banjo bolt on the td04. mine came supplied without that and so need to look around. all other turbo suppliers are not willing to give just the bolt alone so need to get creative and get searching..

Skalabala

Member +
alright. another quick one: what is the thread pitch on the oil feed banjo bolt on the td04. mine came supplied without that and so need to look around. all other turbo suppliers are not willing to give just the bolt alone so need to get creative and get searching..

Thread gauge? :p
I use industrial non braided hydraulic oil lines, they will last forever.

dark_knight

Member +
Skalabala, i mean to ask: what is the thread specification for the banjo bolt that goes into the turbo side oil feed on the td04..?

&.. after weighing my options, i will see if i can just get a hard-line bent to shape for me as blowing a flexi line and spilling all my oil would be the last thing i'd want to happen..

dark_knight

Member +
i actually posted that prior to searching but have been looking through the different posts. will go with a more localized option as shipping in may not be too convenient.. :|

dark_knight

Member +
td04 coolant hard-lines

i'll be re-using the stock coolant hard-lines supplied with the td-04. any way to easily work on bending them around slightly without breaking them..?
i intend to clock the impeller housing and cartridge then chart the coolant lines towards the block -- will use flexi to compensate for the extra lengths they will not be able to cover. so, any ideas..?