York Raceway 23rd March 2008 (Elvington is off!!)

Gee

Member +
Guys,

Elvington RWYB on 23/03/08 has been cancelled due to restrictions on the amount of events they can host a year.

Therefore we will revert back to York Raceway which is also on 23/03/08.

The days is as follows:

- 23 MARCH - EASTER SUNDAY
- MINI VS. BEETLE SHOOTOUT
- 13th Annual Mini vs. Beetle Shootout
- Drag Racers Test & Tune
- Run What You've Brung sessions

York Raceway is situated on the old Melbourne Airfield, near Melbourne, Seaton Ross and Pocklington, south west of York. It's signed from the north and south, from junction 37 off the M62. If you want to use www.streetmap.co.uk or www.multimap.co.uk to find the track, it's within the land of Melrose Farm, the postcode is YO42 4SS.

Few things to note:

- You CAN rent helmets, I think it was £10 to rent when I was there last year. I would still recommend getting there early to ensure you get a helmet.

- Bring your lisence. You need to sign up if you have never run before. I THINK you need a deposit for the helmet, which you get back after it's safe return.

- Wear long sleeved clothing that cover your arms.

So, the list from the last thread was:

1) Gee
2) Starlet3SGTE
3) Matt
4) Nick
5) SR Turbo
6) stu
7) Dub-Se7en
8) Drew
9)Sham
10)SAF-EP82
11) AntGlanza

I will PM all people on the list with the new link.

Thanks.

59bhp

Member +
1) Gee
2) Starlet3SGTE
3) Matt
4) Nick
5) SR Turbo
6) stu
7) Dub-Se7en
8) Drew
9)Sham
10)SAF-EP82
11) AntGlanza
12) 59bhp

Me and a load of mates come to this each year, its a proper laugh

Idrees

Banned
1) Gee
2) Starlet3SGTE
3) Matt
4) Nick
5) SR Turbo
6) stu
7) Dub-Se7en
8) Drew
9)Sham
10)SAF-EP82
11) AntGlanza
12) 59bhp
13) Tayyib

Not sure if he will be running but we will be there :)

SR Turbo

Lifer
yeh should still be up 4 this!

wots the convoy looking like now then? is there a few cars driving down together??

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah, is there anyone from down south who wants to meet up for a little convoy??

You know the distance it is i wouldnt really bother coming but few people there ive spoke to for a long time now i.e gee, idress, dubseven etc is going to be there, Wanted to meet a few of you soo, I'll try my very best to be there. Its like 250 odd miles from me :eek:

Gee

Member +
No probs Dan.

Would be great to see you and the beast but we understand if you can't make it!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Ahh stu, knowing me i'll be like ahh cant be arsed, sunday waking up at like 4.00 in the morning, god that sounds bad, night before i'll be spontaneous and think foook it! lol

I'll try and bring a friend along too.

Gee can you PM me your number and i'll give you mine too mate. in case i get lost or need help/directions on the way down lol

stuart

Member +
Its all good fun getting up at daft o clock, I was up at 3 last year for Japshow finale :D

Also the roads are eerily dead at those times ;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Stu, where are you coming from mate? do you have to travel far too?

Yeah i know what you mean, so many meets ive been to in the past getting up as silly times, tiz nice on the motorway at those times..... You can just relax.... Orr boot it, which even one as there isnt anyone on the roads lol

stuart

Member +
Umm, its close to kinda Hull / Doncaster ish, middle of no where tbh but only about half hour from York :p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
gee, when you say hopefully... do you mean by that there is a slight possibility that we wont be able to?

Gee

Member +
gee, when you say hopefully... do you mean by that there is a slight possibility that we wont be able to?

No, I mean LOTS of runs, rather than a FEW :D

Just depends on how many cars are there as to how many runs we get in, like every drag strip :)

Last time I went with Kelly and the gang they had Beetles running and rocket car etc and still managed like 6-7 runs or so.