You Have Been Spotted Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcolmgt

Member +
This might be a stupid idea but might be clever, anyone thought of making a TGGT.com note to leave on cars. see so many starlets and glanza parked around my area which i swear are not on the site.

thinking maybe leaving the website details on there car but would be cool if there was a standard one which we could leave??

if silly idea feel free to tell me to shut up :)

Spoonz

Member +
^^^thats the attitude we had last time wen this idea was brought up.
Just cause there not on here dont mean there chavs.
And if they are a chav i think u will be able to tell anyway with things like "How can i make my car go faster then an EVO"
But its a public forum and every1 is welcome.

Plus chavs steal computers not use them haha

AdDaMan

Member +
lol, if your saw the amount of cocks driving starlets i see around kent/essex then youd say the same!

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
to be fair AdDaMan has got a point, seeing more and more chavs getting GTs and Glanzas these days :(

malcolmgt

Member +
i suppose, just the ppl i see in kent are normally not chavs lol and not driving like idiots alot of the time.

just an idea..

malcolmgt

Member +
yeah i second you mate, met this guy and we both are not cocks haha, met quite a few kent ppl and they were all nice

Dave.

Member +
Its an ok idea... In theory.

But, speaking for myself at least, if I saw someone poking about my GT I'd not be the too friendly about it. Just a thought :-/

Dave

gv1.3

Admin
We will begin using the referal system soon and will have incentives for those who refer people. keep your eyes open!

The way I see it is this site is a great source of info and ideas and if getting some lad who hasnt got a clue but wants to "chip" his "slammed ride" and get it on "some 17's" on here we can give them a steer in the right direction and rather than having a load of chav GT's roaming the streets we can try change the attitude of these people.

I like how on here if you come on with a car that has huge wheels for example members will say things like "nice car but if you changed the wheels to 15's it would handle and look better". We are not aggressive on here but we do give people an honest steer in the right direction!

Spoonz

Member +
^^^thats the attitude u want.
And was sayin earlier. Its like u have to be a certain type of person to be here and that aint wat a public forum is

gv1.3

Admin
Spoonz.. when I first got the idea of getting a Glanza I was in getting tires for my Pug 106 and asked how much would good tires for a Glanza be and the lad said "well it depends... ID recommend getting some nice 17 inch wheels for it and the tires would be X amount"

So here I am roaming around the Internet looking for 17inch wheels for a decent price... then I found this site... sometimes people just need the right info :)

About 6 months after getting the Glanza a lad flashed me on the motorway and he was in one and we pulled over and were having a chat and he said "it was fast but I got this thing called a fuel pressure regulator and put it on and now its much faster" and I was able to tell him what a FPR was and how it shouldnt actually make his car faster but if he was running more boost etc he would need to increase fuelling. Also told him that whacking an FPR on without having fuelling checked was dangerous.

The lad wasnt an idiot but he was misinformed... If we get a chance to help people we are a success and never forget we are not all experts, this is not an eliteist place its for a total novice to total experts!

Spoonz

Member +
Exactly.
I always speak to ppl who have Starlets and Glanzas and tell them to go here also told a few ppl with N/A Starlets wo want to do conversions to go here,.
I think the flyer is a real good idea hope it works

ikzgtt

Member +
i find this a weird suggestion as they might not be enthusiasts or web literate. i have seen newbies get blitzed by regulars for not being able to use the search functions and as a result, they never return or post again.

maybe change the way we deal with newbies and thier posts before advertising the site this way.

i think telling newbies to use the search function is quite arrogant and lazy as ive never seen a site ever do that to anyone apart from this one. most sites just help them and give answers then clean up the pages at a later time hence the admin fee!

what do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.