ZEUSvsHADES-possibly looking at buying a starlet

ZEUSvsHADES

Fresh Recruit
hey guys, my name is Jared and i am from Australia.
i have a vr4 legnum and im possibly looking for a change
these little starlets look pretty cool, but would i be disappointed with the power compared to my legnum?
what sort of benefits are there to the gt and glanza over just strapping a hairdryer and piggyback ecu to a standard starlet and having it tuned properly?
obviously if you were to have some big power you would have trouble keeping thr fronts gripping so i would be looking at doing an awd conversion, any modifications to the chassis necessary i will do as i am a boilermaker. how hard is it getting your hands on an awd box?
also whats an average fuel consumption figure?
in my legnum i do 100km to about 20 litres of 98
cheers guys

Last edited:

lingl9z

Member +
You'll be very surprised with the power of the Starlets little pocket rockets!!

easiest way is to get the EP85 or 95 and convert it to a 4EFTE as they come with 4wd as standard!

ZEUSvsHADES

Fresh Recruit
ah thanks for a model, makes searching for the awd info im after a ton easier
other legnums are doing about mid 13s on the quater mile, and apparently a starlet does roughly 14-mid 14s yeh ?

lingl9z

Member +
Depends on the tune, mods, driver etc etc etc, Aarons done a 12.2 with some issues and Kon did an 11.5 pass I think it was both FWD.

Check out Gaz_ep85's garage therad mate he's got a nice blue 85'

ZEUSvsHADES

Fresh Recruit
25 psi far out, can he run it on low boost or is it only set up for 25?. i looked at the threads posted by Gaz but couldnt see any pictures.......
if i could get mid 12s to low 13s i would be happy with one

ZEUSvsHADES

Fresh Recruit
thankyou.
what sort of benefits are there to the gt and glanza over just strapping a hairdryer and piggyback ecu to a standard starlet and having it tuned properly
unfortunately i dont think i could tow my caravan with one, so i would buy it solely as a track car :D

Last edited: