zisco td04 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny-boi32

Member +
right got my kit today and tryed to fit, but the down pipe wont fit tight to the turbo, i think the problem is where the wategate was welded its preventing the blanking plate from getting right in. so if i was to cut some of it off would it cause any issues because there will be gaps above and below where the weld is?? would gases get in and trapped and cause pressure??

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i think you didn't get the turbo from zisco too right? so you might want to point out its not an issue with the kit..

i would personally put the welds down with a dremmel, that way you will not touch the blanking plate!

jonny-boi32

Member +
ohh no absolutely no problem with the kit, and its also the turbo i already had. where nost usually weld to the top or the bottom of the wastegate mines welded to the side, so would i be right in thinking this is the problem??

TheStarletGT

Member +
As the posts above state the problem is most likely with the weld on the wastegate on the turbo! Which did not come from zisco!
Are you also another gullible person.

So what your saying is that Zisco gather and sell a turbo kit under their name and have no idea of items not perfect of its assembly. Sounds more like a bodge job. So does that mean Zisco do not view their own items.

Vincent-ep91

Member +
zisco are a company producing some of the best quality parts for starlets,unlike many others that have long since gone. iv no doubt they check every item they sell.
stop putting down companys when it`s hard enough to sell in these recessionary times.
the turbo he said above ,was one he already had.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Are you also another gullible person.

So what your saying is that Zisco gather and sell a turbo kit under their name and have no idea of items not perfect of its assembly. Sounds more like a bodge job. So does that mean Zisco do not view their own items.

dont be a fuckin asshole!!! zisco has nothing to do with a turbo that didn't came from them !! you fuckin twat! im really fed up with you on this forum!

As for the problem, as i already said.. i would grind the welding down and weld another part where im sure that it wont hit. got any pics mate? that might help..

TheStarletGT

Member +
None of the replies ^ still dont justify that the OP has to go to an additional extent to work on the turbo, just so the parts can fit. Dont ignore this you fools, dont kiss Zisco's ass.

Zisco couldnt care less if it fits or not, what are their compan ies goals, hopes and dreams for parts to fit.

Starletfreak

Member +
I think the starletgt should be banned from the forum,seriously dude nothing good has come from you. Like it was said the turbo was not bought from zisco,only the other pieces of kit. Am sure if all was bought from zisco would have fitted like a charm. Check the welding on the wastegate flap,maybe it needs some girndind down. And thestarletgt should check reviews on the zisco's kit,am sure you wont hear anything bad about them. Seriously sometimes your post does not make sense at all.

I also bought a manifold,a downpipe for td04 from sacha,but the turbo was sourced another place,i had the same problems too..but all is sorted out with a small grind.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
None of the replies ^ still dont justify that the OP has to go to an additional extent to work on the turbo, just so the parts can fit. Dont ignore this you fools, dont kiss Zisco's ass.

Zisco couldnt care less if it fits or not, what are their compan ies goals, hopes and dreams for parts to fit.

the problem doesn't lie with the kit, the problem is the way the turbo has been modified (ie wastegate flap welded up) that is causing the issue, how can zisco account for this?

i think you are just trying to cause trouble here, so be warned, it won't fly

Fatman

Member +
Pics of the welding job on the turbo? Certainly sounds as if it's nothing to do with the Zisco gear.

TheStarletGT, I grow tired of reading your muppet posts.

Far easier method for closing off the internal wastegate is to safety wire it closed, reversible, no clearance issues and virtually free.

TheStarletGT

Member +
You people cannot accept facts, its just unfortunate that your all stuck up and ignore factual evidence. Let me give you a smack into reality >

Imagine i started a business called Starlet Turbo performance. I then gather aftermarket parts to build a kit to suite a starlet gt. I buy a garrett turbo, get a dump pipe, then when i mate the two together, they dont fit 100%. I will ignore this and advertise a aftermarket turbo conversion under my business name.

Do you think its fair for a buyer to buy this kit for like $2000 and realise that the parts dont suite. Yes i bought a garrett turbo, but that turbo has come into my hands, and knowing that it doesnt suite the dumpo pipe without any extra intervention, and i still sell it.

I dont give a monkeys anus of your feelings towards me or my words. you people cannot handle the truth.

Rory

Lifer
Theres no facts to accept, the manifold and down pipe were made by Zisco, the penny flap on the TD04 was welded up my another scource.
If the weld on the penny flap is slightly excessive, then the flap welded onto the down pipe flange will hit this.

Now my question to you is, how is that Zisco's fault?

TheStarletGT

Member +
Theres no facts to accept, the manifold and down pipe were made by Zisco, the penny flap on the TD04 was welded up my another scource.
If the weld on the penny flap is slightly excessive, then the flap welded onto the down pipe flange will hit this.

Now my question to you is, how is that Zisco's fault?
Zizco, in good faith to customers, should grind the excess metal whilst its in their hands. It aint so much to ask.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Zizco, in good faith to customers, should grind the excess metal whilst its in their hands. It aint so much to ask.

Zisco never had the turbo,they never even seen it let alone worked on it.
Its jon-boi32's turbo,not Ziso's,the problem lies with the turbo and not the downpipe.

So foreseeing a problem with another component outside of their control and/or knowledge is too much to ask.
I can't see why you can't see the obvious,perhaps you read it wrong.

Dan

AdamB

Member +
It's not their turbo! Why should they grind it if it wasn't their doing in the first place? The turbo has never passed through Zisco's hands.

Rory

Lifer
Why should they, when the didnt supply the turbo?
Remember the penny flap has been welded shut, which means theres a protruding object, which shouldnt be there.

Seriously can you not think before you open your trap?

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
hahaha yeah he should send to turbo to zisco then they should grind it down for him then send it back to him haha. that guy is a plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.