6 speed corolla g6 box

williep91

Fresh Recruit
was wondering how easy it would be to find this type of box in the uk? has anyone tried. would it be a waste of time phoning vehicle dismantlers or is there the chance there is a few out there breaking g6's or g6r's :confused:

williep91

Fresh Recruit
yeah, fancy doing something a bit different with it. fensport have a box in stock for a g6r but the price is a bit steep and i would have to change over the bell housing to mate to the 4efte block. just wondered if anyone here had tried to source a 6 speed before with any joy?

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
People have done it mate, cant remember there usernames on here but the G6's and G6r's are very hard to find mate, even more so a gearbox out of one.

Theres also the option of using the 6speed out of a levin (i think it was the levin) which has a better final drive i think.

99glanzav

Banned
Why didnt you tell me! :(:p mind me asking how much you sold it for mate?

i put it up on the old forum nick in a reply to a post similar to this but nobody wanted it...:homer:

it came out of my mates bzr that he wrote off and was very low milage too

sold it at a steal of 350euros mate,was taking up space and wanted rid

Nick@TD.co.uk

i put it up on the old forum nick in a reply to a post similar to this but nobody wanted it...:homer:

it came out of my mates bzr that he wrote off and was very low milage too

sold it at a steal of 350euros mate,was taking up space and wanted rid
Dang bud thats a bargain and it has alot better ratios, i believe there not as strong tho is this correct?

Who did ya sell it to?

99glanzav

Banned
Dang bud thats a bargain and it has alot better ratios, i believe there not as strong tho is this correct?

Who did ya sell it to?

a fella that breaks levins in dublin mate,i wouldnt maind,i delivered it personally and all,i dont know how strong they are tho mate,thats part of the reason i didnt post a thread in the classifieds,i didnt wanna sell it to someone that may run lots of power through it and if it didnt cope with it then it would be hassle for me if ya know what i mean?

Nick@TD.co.uk

a fella that breaks levins in dublin mate,i wouldnt maind,i delivered it personally and all,i dont know how strong they are tho mate,thats part of the reason i didnt post a thread in the classifieds,i didnt wanna sell it to someone that may run lots of power through it and if it didnt cope with it then it would be hassle for me if ya know what i mean?
Yeah mate, if i could find one real cheap id take that risk lol, as it "could" be a awesome upgrade, it would raise the top end speed of the starlets then so has to be more suited to the high powered starlets so it would really test the strength of it :p

99glanzav

Banned
Yeah mate, if i could find one real cheap id take that risk lol, as it "could" be a awesome upgrade, it would raise the top end speed of the starlets then so has to be more suited to the high powered starlets so it would really test the strength of it :p
leave it with me nick and ill ring yer man tomorro i sold it to:) he may sell it back or else source another if the one i sold him is already gone...ill check anyways and reply to this post tomorro

Nick@TD.co.uk

leave it with me nick and ill ring yer man tomorro i sold it to:) he may sell it back or else source another if the one i sold him is already gone...ill check anyways and reply to this post tomorro
NP mate moneys tight atm but wouldnt mind some prices for a rough idea, how much modification is needed for it to fit? any idea?

99glanzav

Banned
NP mate moneys tight atm but wouldnt mind some prices for a rough idea, how much modification is needed for it to fit? any idea?
tbh i dont know 100% which is why i never bothered advertising...but they do work i know that,sure ill check anyways...

i know how you feel...money is tight here too :shoot::)

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
My gt has the g6 box from the corolla. i think i have the reciept for it and it was £300 if i remember right. i havent drove a 5 speed starlet before but i love the 6 speed box ive never had one before. took a little bit of getting used to at first. very nice gearbox nice and smooth and seems to handle the power fine.
:)

Nick@TD.co.uk

My gt has the g6 box from the corolla. i think i have the reciept for it and it was £300 if i remember right. i havent drove a 5 speed starlet before but i love the 6 speed box ive never had one before. took a little bit of getting used to at first. very nice gearbox nice and smooth and seems to handle the power fine.
:)
Is the stalet aftermarket LSD's a straight fit for the levin 6speed and g6 6speed box's?

Cheers

ep_chen

Member +
i think those are only for the 5speed. not very sure though.
them LSD manufacturer has a table of fittings. probly will check through their site and update here.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
from what i've heard on here the 6 speed ratios don't suit the 4efte power band that well.

surely that depends what setup your running though as different turbos produce power at different rev ranges??