D2 coilover brake lines

MV7400

Hi I recently fitted my D2 coil overs and have my brake lines flapping about. Has anyone come up with a decent solution to this? I realise I could just cable tie them but I really don't think this is very safe.

Jay

Admin
Yeah this is something that irks me a little. We usually pay over the odds for EP-specific coilovers and suppliers can't even spend that extra few quid on proper securing points..

I've had to use silicone piping to protect the lines and just cable tie them in position in the past. The piping gives a little bit of cushioning between the line and hard surface it's touching. Other than cutting the old holders off scrap shocks and attaching them I don't see many other options. Would be good to hear what others have done.

Jay

dac69er

Super Moderator
they should come with some universal brackets that you bend to suit, but they arent very good and you often need to use cable ties anyway.

i would try and make up some brackets. it could fail its mot if the mot inspector is eagle eyed.

davehart

Member +
I installed braided lines on mine which don't seem to get caught up or rub on anything.

Other than what is suggested above this would be a nice upgrade for you.