most mileage from a full tank?

P5ycho

Member +
well as the title really, i decided to test my starlet, average i normally get is about 280 to 300 out of a tank, mixed variety of driving and 50% motorway 50% dual carriageway, fw days ago i decided to see how much i will get out of a full tank, so i decided to stick to the speed limits, no red lining, no power runs, just carefull driving to see what the tank will return, must admit i did have 2 small blasts where i floored it but not longer than few seconds..
anyway this morning i pulled into shell garage with my fuel needle just at the bottom of the E mark, must point out the low fuel light had not come on yet, and i didn't really want it to go into reserve hence why i pulled in to fill up, my last fill up was 3 days ago and i filled right to the brim.
so moment of truth i managed to squeeze 354.5 miles out of the tank, and yet did not hit the reserve, i might have been able to squeeze 10 or so miles moree from the tank but did not want to risk getting crap from the bottom of the tank into fuel lines..
have done a complete service with exception of chagnging fuel filter, will be doing that soon and then retest to see how much i get then...

goldenvtr

Member +
my milage counter dosnt work so ive never looked lol,

on my n/a i seem to get the same econamy as my GT because i have to rag it for it to move anywhere

Beaker

Member +
Ive had 320-330 on long runs loads of times but then I chicken out and put some more in. The tank is 9.9 gallons so with some careful driving 400 should be just about possible.

ChrisGT

Member +
I've never got 300 out of my GT when driving sensibly, most is like 260! How are you guys doing this ??!?!

Beaker

Member +
Its easy to get this sort of mileage. The pedal on the right is not an on off switch! I know some of you guys have alot more power, but to get such crappy mpg you must drive like loons!!

Sassu

Member +
i get 330km out a full tank and thats me gunning it.. dont know what it would be if i were to drive normal constantly?

SupaStu

Member +
Yeah the petrol light comes on and lasts for a good bit, done this a few times in emergencies, lasts around 25 miles providing your not on boost.