CT9 Hybrid Options- King Thread

Jules-B

Member +
Hi all

Due to the amount of threads on the hybrid turbo, ive decided to start the hybrid king thread, as youll see the first part is actually written by Red_hot, which i hope he doenst mind me copying and pasting.

This is not a thread for arguments on which is best. Instead i would like people to post up rolling road graphs, to show some concrete results.

Speedvision Hybrid CT9:

1. Brand new units casted from scratch-new compressor housing made with enlarged trumpet to suit compressor wheel, new turbine housing.
2. 12 bladed gt spec compressor wheel.
3. 9 bladed 10 degree cut back turbine wheel
4. brand new impeller shaft
5 brand new bearings and seals
6 brand new thrust bearing
7 upgraded adjustable actuator made from the hks model for stable boost
8 enlarged waste gate with bigger flap to suit , also for stable boost
9.fully balanced to oem specs.

1.2 bar of boost.
3-6 mths warranty.
395 gbp delivered anywhere in the world with usps 7-10 day priority shipping.

ct9hybrid001.jpg

ct9hybridturbo007.jpg

Available from www.speedvisioncps.com

Note: There have been problems with these turbos, i belive they sam is still trying to find out the problems with the turbos.

Tongs-turbo's hybrid CT9:

GT-spec ct-9 hybrid for the turbo ep market. (3rd revision)
£410 inc carriage
3 months limited warranty
Enlarged Compressor Inlet Trumpet to a massive 55mm
Compressor Wheel (Garrett GT type) 39.6mm
Turbine Wheel CT-9 Standard
Turbine Housing CT-9 Standard
Bored out waste gate port to 28mm
New waste gate flap 32mm
Fully Balanced
New Journal Bearing
270 degree(standard)thrust bearing
1.2bar of boost

SV200526.jpg

Available from http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6211

TONG TURBO RESULT
Here is a power graph of the TONG Turbo GT spec (taken from ukstarletclub)

Michaels Tong turbo G spec hybrid at 1 bar
unichip fitted and mapped by Paul Hills @ Engine Advantages in Witham.

Car produced just under 214BHP @ the flywheel and 196lb/ft torque running 1BAR

gspecAt1bar.jpg

SPEC
Small breather Filter
Magnecor Leads
Irridium plugs
g spec CT9 Hybrid
Dastek Unichip
WEPR FMIC
WEPR Full system
Walbro Fuel pump
S/S Manifold
HKS actuator
Blitz dual solenoid boost controller
Air con removed
Filter off turbo
TRD quickshift
Exeedy uprated clutch
SARD RRFPR
Autometer boost/oil pressure gauge
EBC brake pads
HKS SSQV
HKS FCD
Thermotec heatwrap

Quote from michael-
214BHP was at 1BAR, it did make 221BHP at 1.2BAR but my injectors need uprating so the tuner turned it back down to 1BAR.

Toy Tuning Uprated Hybrid CT9 Turbo

Fully re-conditioned including all seals and all new bearings.
Bead blasted
Modified larger Toy Tuning Compressor wheel
360 Degree thrust bearing
Waste gate ported
Cut back turbine blades
Supplied with brand new oil and water gaskets.
Recommended 1.1 bar of boost.
6 month limited warranty.
Work is done to your own turbo

TTHYBRID7.jpg

TTHYBRID8.jpg

Availble from www.toytuning.com

StarletGTturbo.co.uk Hybrid CT9:
Hybrid CT9 Turbo(Exchange)
1 year warranty
Capable of 1.3 Bar (210bhp)
On exchange bases
£650.00 + £12.00 Del.

hybrid.jpg

Avaible from www.starletgtturbo.co.uk

To really see which is the best turbo, they should, of course be tested.
BUT, ideally, this should be done on one car on the same rolling road...

To got some sort of comparison, it would be good to get some sort of power-board running which includes people's full mod list to compare these different hybrid CT9

Some other rolling road graphs with the spec would greatly benefit anyone looking for a hybrid

Last edited:

cameroon95

Member +
This is exactly what this forum needs. Feedback on larger more expensive items such as these, I dont like the thought of not having my car on the road for a few weeks just so i can wait for one, im looking at getting a tong turbo now.:)

Jules-B

Member +
Thankyou all for the rep!

Red_Hot on the forum wrote the majority of that post. so i will not claim responsibilty for it.

Its just in the other thread that it was posted in, turned into an argument as to which is best.
Im going to try and get as many dyno graphs as i can from various people so we can get some concrete conclusions as to which is the best option.

stedee

Member +
interesting post, like you said more dynos needed but i agree that speedvision looks good value to me

keirz

Member +
well done for for putting it all together.

how ever............

i strongly disagree with alot of the write up though as i think its based from very little turbo knowledge. some of the points for and against each turbo are not true and are not based on any experience just assumpsion and may be misleading to some.

for example.......the speedvision turbo, all brand new parts being a good thing.......lol no thats a bad thing as proved by the batch that was sent out. geniune parts are 10000% better fact.

there are some other ill based statements too. but im not gonna pick them all out as i will be here for a while.

i would remove the whole of the summary at the end if i was you as its pretty poor in terms of knowledge.

im not slating you by the way as i know you didnt write it!

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator

how ever............

i strongly disagree with alot of the write up though as i think its based from very little turbo knowledge. some of the points for and against each turbo are not true and are not based on any experience just assumpsion and may be misleading to some.

for example.......the speedvision turbo, all brand new parts being a good thing.......lol no thats a bad thing as proved by the batch that was sent out. geniune parts are 10000% better fact.

there are some other ill based statements too.

i would remove the whole of the summary at the end if i was you as its pretty poor in terms of knowledge.

i think as long as the for and against are treated as opinions then its fine. obviously some of the stuff is true but i agree some is slightly misleading to a point.

keirz

Member +
but the whole point in this thread was to get all info together, spec and dyno results, and not to try and distinguish which one is best. therefore that writeup being there with its misleading opinions is just a waste of time. and defeats the point in the thread.

keiran

steveatyork

Member +
re

i can tell u warrenty doesnt mean a thing .turbo companys are never gonna own up if there turbo nackered.they will always shift the blame on the customer.or blame ur engine for the failure.

keirz

Member +
^^^^^

i disagree steve not at midland turbo we dont, plus 90% it is the customer/machanics/ engines fault. i can assure you of that.

steveatyork

Member +
re

having been a member of other forums ect been covered before. and 99% all agreed.maybe ur company doesnt but it happens alot fact:p

Jules-B

Member +
@Keirz

I agree with you, the reason i made this thread is for fact, not opinions. At the end of the day it will all come down to personal opinion though.
I have contacted a couple of people to get some more dyno results for the various turbos.

steveatyork

Member +
re

if u want mate think theres a thread which i did.cant remember now but my dyno graph is on there with a speedvision hybrid turbo. @1 bar if that helps

TurboDave

Member +

how ever............

there are some other ill based statements too. but im not gonna pick them all out as i will be here for a while.

Ive read through it aswell and tbh I was going to expand on some of the points and clear some things up however I realised that I would need to re-write the entire post.

keirz

Member +
having been a member of other forums ect been covered before. and 99% all agreed.maybe ur company doesnt but it happens alot fact:p

yeah people may agree with the fact but wether they are in a position to comment from experience is another matter. trust me a well built and balance turbo is very unlikly to fail, until a stupid person or a fucked engine goes anywhere near it! lol