Aircon Removal guide

C

CaL

mate go to kwikfit etc....get them to get the harmfull gas out of the system....then just rip all the aircon shite out....be careful why your at it though lol

Greg0r

Member +
DSC00012.jpg

Bumper off
DSC00013.jpg

**Removing the aircon gas is both illegal and dangerous. You are at risk from poisioning and prosecution if you do this yourself. It is recommended you get a qualified aircon agent to remove the gas before dismantling the aircon components.**

DSC00014.jpg

remove AC radiator + pipes
DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

remove pipes from bulk head
DSC00017.jpg

compressor unit close up
DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

Compressor off
DSC00042-1.jpg

Short belt, cost me £6 from a local car parts shop (ask for Non AC power steering belt)
DSC00043.jpg

Compressor holding plate, also very heavy be sure to remove
DSC00047.jpg

Finished job, loads of room less weight! Happy

turbo-dan

Member +
re-move air con?

i need to remove air con so just wondering how far i remove pipes to do i go back to bulkhead if so will it need blocking off

Rik

Member +
Removed everything as shown, just want to know what to do to stop the rad fan coming on straight away? Is it something to do with the 2 pin wires that are left unplugged? Also, does anyone know where the fuel filter is located on the ep82?

Jay

Admin
i need to remove air con so just wondering how far i remove pipes to do i go back to bulkhead if so will it need blocking off

The two pipes that enter the bulkhead lead to the condensor unit behind the dash, no need to block these of as they don't lead anywhere important.

Removed everything as shown, just want to know what to do to stop the rad fan coming on straight away? Is it something to do with the 2 prong wires that are left unplugged? Also, does anyone know where the fuel filter is located on the ep82?

Plug the pressure sensor (it'll still be in the old piping) back in and your cooling fan will operate as normal.

Fuel filter is the one on the left in this pic:

Rik

Member +
Hi, anyone got pics of the pressure sensor that need's to be plugged back in? Not sure what it looks like so not quite sure on what to do now! Here's some pic's of the what it looks like now:
18092007269.jpg

18092007268.jpg

In the pic with the red ring is the only thing i have plugged in to the rad fan!