heating

lingl9z

Member +
ok so was driving today n turnt heaters on n got really hot air for the first time ever although it only lasted about 7seconds before quickly returning to cold, any idea why its doing this

cheers rich

lingl9z

Member +
thermostat or heater matrix chap.

well before i changed the thermostat for under heating i'd never even had a wiff of hot air lol, not even warm! then i changed that and now an then i get 7secs of hot air!, maybe theres just a lil blockage in the matrix, is thur an easy way of flushing it out?

nexia201

Member +
well before i changed the thermostat for under heating i'd never even had a wiff of hot air lol, not even warm! then i changed that and now an then i get 7secs of hot air!, maybe theres just a lil blockage in the matrix, is thur an easy way of flushing it out?

I think it would be better to change than flush it up as it could damage it and might end up with a leak which is worse !

option

Fresh Recruit

As i done my matrix aweek ago, found out an easier way to flush it, the idea is under the hoses on the bulk head from the engine bay, stick i water hose on one side and water pressure it and pump out all the craps thats siting inside the matrix, this should help with better heating.
Hope this helps.:)

lingl9z

Member +
thanks mate will give it ago! did it work for uou then mate n does a normal hose work, which pipenu puy it on n rep btw

Big_Daddy

Member +
Remove both pipes to the heater matrix, flush with a hose.

Using d same diasmter hose (spare). plug in one side and blow, this would get rid of excess water. then add some Rad flush in it, leave 24hours, then flush with hose.

Then blow any excess water out. (do not get any in mouth). Plug one side of heater matrix hose back. using the spare hose add a funnel and add coolant in. once full quick swop the other hose back in. This would prevent air lock.

lingl9z

Member +
Remove both pipes to the heater matrix, flush with a hose.

Using d same diasmter hose (spare). plug in one side and blow, this would get rid of excess water. then add some Rad flush in it, leave 24hours, then flush with hose.

Then blow any excess water out. (do not get any in mouth). Plug one side of heater matrix hose back. using the spare hose add a funnel and add coolant in. once full quick swop the other hose back in. This would prevent air lock.

Thanks buddy, so does this involve removing the heater matrix? Cheers mate!

Jay

Admin
The pipes are against the bulkhead in the engine bay:

matrixinletandoutletbq2.jpg

they lead into the top of the heater matrix which is in the cabin on the other side of the bulkhead.

- Remove both pipes.
- Attach hose to one pipe and flush.
- Then attach the hose to the other pipe and reverse flush.
- Once the water runs out clear you are done.
- Remember to bleed the air from the cooling system after you are finished.

lingl9z

Member +
The pipes are against the bulkhead in the engine bay:

matrixinletandoutletbq2.jpg

they lead into the top of the heater matrix which is in the cabin on the other side of the bulkhead.

- Remove both pipes.
- Attach hose to one pipe and flush.
- Then attach the hose to the other pipe and reverse flush.
- Once the water runs out clear you are done.
- Remember to bleed the air from the cooling system after you are finished.

Cheers once again jay, thanks for the pic makes it alot clearer lol think i'll attempt it after work, so just attach a hosepipe to flush it? or another method, and when you bleed the system wahts easier way to do that to adoid getting air in system!?

Jay

Admin
Cheers once again jay, thanks for the pic makes it alot clearer lol think i'll attempt it after work, so just attach a hosepipe to flush it? or another method, and when you bleed the system wahts easier way to do that to adoid getting air in system!?

Yup, just push pressure through the system in order to unblock any channels obstructed by corrosion.

To bleed the system start the car with the rad cap off and let the air bubbles exit the cooling system. Just keep the level topped up and rebleed it after a days driving.

lingl9z

Member +
Yup, just push pressure through the system in order to unblock any channels obstructed by corrosion.

To bleed the system start the car with the rad cap off and let the air bubbles exit the cooling system. Just keep the level topped up and rebleed it after a days driving.

Okay kool cheers Jay will have to get it sorted! was suprised when i felt 7secs of hot air =D