275hp TD04L Glanza in need of TLC or stripping *Gauging interest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Member +
For sale: EP91 Starlet Glanza 275hp on TD04L turbo

Item Condition: Used and abused, raced but not rallied.

Price and price conditions: Looking at offers around between £5-6,000.

Extra Info:

To follow the sweat, blood and tears I have put in to this car, please click Here

OK, so here we have my 275hp TD04L Glanza, fully forged and balanced with a lot of modifications. I think I could make close to £6,000 with the right buyers if I split this car, so I will not take any stupid offers.

OK, so the bad bits with the car.

I would fully recommend that anyone interesting in this vehicle comes to view the car. I have nothing to hide, but want to ensure any interested buyers know exactly what they are potentially buying. Some of the aspects of the car that annoy me or I see as wrong will be minor in some peoples eyes, but I want to get everything out there!

So, a list of things which currently get on my balls, which I don't want to put any more time and money into correcting.

-Rear bumper is melted from the exhaust tip. Nothing major, can get pictures.

-Front bumper has a random cut in it where a bigger FMIC was to be fitted. The mechanic in question simply made a curved cut in the bumper without clearing with me. I do have a new 99 spec bumper thou.

-The Autofixed exhaust bangs, but I think this is simply because the car is too low on the D2's, so probabaly could just be raised to sort that out.

-The drivers side coilover sometimes bottoms out on large pot holes. Again, can easily be sorted by raising the car and adjusting the rates

-Car has no stereo

-Car has no rear seats or interior. I have all of it in the attic thou, but I cut the rear seat belts out.

-The current rocker cover is leaking oil from the A/N weld fittings. Welds are shit and oil leaks through a bit. Got a replacement standard rocker cover anyway.

-I currently have a starting issue. Car will start fine some days, over days I have to give it some gas or bump it. I found a spark coming from a poor earthing thou, so going to look at this today, may be the cause of the problem.

-Paint work is OK for its age, except for some little dings on the roof which were there when I bought the car.

I think that is about it. I want to be 100% honest with anything that a buyer maybe concerned about, as obviously this is bought as seen with no comebacks.

This would be perfect for someone who has the time, space and knowledge to get it back up to scratch.

Please see my car thread and feel free to ask any questions, you will get a 100% honest answer. Any issues I have had will be in that thread and you can search the forum under my user name also.

Please let me know if you need pictures of the area's I have mentioned or anything else.

OK, now on to the modifications....

There are loads, will post them below. As you can see, there is pontentially a lot of money to be made if I split the car.

OAP Steering Wheel
Razo Pedals
Razo Gear Knob
Defi Oil Temp, Oil Pressure Gauges And Controller, With Boost Gauge
GReddy Profec B-Spec II Boost Controller
Apexi 3 Bar Map Sensor
15” Rota Grids with Eagle F1 tyres
Toyota Rear Strut Brace
D2 Coilovers
Cusco Pan Hard Rod
Oil Catch Can
Anti Lift Kit
Whiteline Rear Adjustalbe ARB
Steel Braided Brake LineS
Exedy Paddle Clutch
Section Engine Damper
C-Pillar Brace
Whiteline adjustable rear ARB
TRD LSD and newly rebuilt EP91 gearbox
EVO 5 GSR Seats
Silicone rad hoses
Aliminium half sized rad
Carbing Cooling Panel
TRD Thermostat
Apexi Power FC ECU + Commander
TRD Engine Mounts
Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
Apexi Airfilter
HKS BOV
SARD RRFPR
Autofixed Front Mount Intercooler
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
550cc Injectors
TD04L Downpipe
TD04L Manifold
TRD Ignition Leads
NGK Plugs Iridium
Grounding Kit

Pictures: All the pictures you could ever want Here. Some are at the end of this post too.

Contact Details: U2U

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pickup only

Some pictures:

2319905524_1581fe7652.jpg

2319095223_9759f913ea.jpg

2319095407_da64492d14.jpg

2319095531_ba92e755d4.jpg

2319095597_b43a15fbf3.jpg

2319906186_9d7b96340b.jpg

2319095813_c99dd9d2c1.jpg

2319095927_2b016b2207.jpg

2319906540_c09e3b56bc.jpg

2319906610_69f8c03d6f.jpg

2319906708_6e91047957.jpg

2319906790_def5e8ee66.jpg

2319096341_ac48357959.jpg

2319096423_75d3cd1a4c.jpg

2319907042_0914644c89.jpg

2319907132_6f1979ec67.jpg

2319096619_00e5515115.jpg

Gee

Member +
To add to this, the engine spec if below and the oil and filter has always been changed every 3,000 miles or so using Redline or Silkolene fully synthetic oil with a TRD oil filter.

Ross Forged Pistons
Pauter Rods
Cruise Valve Springs
Exedy paddle clutch
NST Crank Pully
ACL Bearings
Fully race balanced

Service cylinder head
Replace all valve guides
Service and replace (as necc) valves,lap and vacuum test.
Surface grind head face 0.005”
Strip,prepare,wash and rebuild with new stem seals and springs

Short motor assembly
Rebore to pistons supplied
Surface grind block face by 0.005”,polish crankshaft,
race balance to crankshaft/flywheel/clutch/connecting rods and pistons
gap piston rings to rrr turbo specification
prepare, wash and rebuild
Fit front cover and rear oil pump (supplied)

Acl main bearings
Acl b/e bearings
Acl thrust washers

Ps.

Can someone edit the post, it should say 'gauging' interest :D

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
to be fair thats a really good price, considering what it's got and all that, you could go out and buy a stock one and then add all that for anywhere close to that 6k.

good luck witht he sale gee, if mine hadnt gone massively overbudget i would have been interested in a few bit's off yours :(

Gee

Member +
Done.

Don't really understand the gauging interest thing :p Good luck with the sale Gee.

Well if people are interested they can come and look at it. Few things would need to be sorted in relation to when car is to be released, sorting insurance etc..so gauging interest first :p

Gee

Member +
Haha!

The amount of PM's I am getting about stripping it.

Keep your eyes peeled on the parts for sale section guys. If it is to be broke it will be within the next few weeks hopefully. Need to buy the replacement car first.

CMR

Member +
I wouldnt sell it, all the negative parts you listed are just minor niggles. Would be a shame to sell it after all the hard work on it no?

BUT

If you do strip it, I fancy quite a few parts :D haha

dantheman

Member +
gee your better off stripping it unfortuantly.. nobody wants to pay for a decent modded starbo at the moment.. i tried selling mine but not alot of interest, so im going ep82 again now and converting everything from the 91 into that,and then selling the 91 as stock.. as theres no way i would strip it :eek: too much time and money gone into it.

its a shame though as it looks like a well put together car mate :(

Gee

Member +
Probably EK9.

Started thinking about S2000 again, but would be a nightmare in the winter for a daily and I dont have space for another run around.

Plenty of time for RWD sports cars in the future.

Gee

Member +
Two sweet looking cars there mate.

I'll probably be going for a face lift model.

I know it may only be a 98/99 plate, but like you say, the build quality and interior etc is leagues ahead and this is something I'm looking for.

Just need to start again with something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.