4EFTE vs 4EFE Head

Idrees

Banned
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if the 4E-FE head is identical to the 4E-FTE? I'll have a spare FE head soon, and was wondering whether or not it would be worth getting it ported and polished so I can stick it on a 4E-FTE when I get one?

Thanks for any helpful input.

sx_turbo

Lifer
just checked on epc, and apparently there completely different, valves and cams are apperently different

fastglanza

Member +
5efe and 4efe have same heads and cams and valves etc as 4efte

5efhe has the unoticeable little more duration cams..im sure the head is the same as well but it has the acoustic intake mani

Idrees

Banned
Its getting a little complicated! Lol

I'll get the head anyway if Ricky says its the same and take it from there.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
ok so...

4efe & 4efte exatly the same bar the rocker cover & the cams... (we had the cams measured at our local engineer & the 4efe ones have slightly less duration & lift, iirc 4 deg less duration & 0.2mm lift less...

the 5efe is exactly the same as the 4efe head, however the cams are the same as the 4efte... & u get a little extra water hole on the inlet side which needs a different gasket...

5efhe, same as 5efe, & 4efe bar the cams on the el45 which have more lift known as the 5efhe B cams.. & u get that little water hole as well on the fhe... same as 5efe..

all the valves used are EXACTLY identical.. only other major differences are the top covers on the 4efe & 5efe as they only have one breather.. Oh & dont forget to swap your thermostat housing over as the fe ones dont have the water lines attached ;)

i can assure u all the above is correct & has been tested out by our local motorsports engineer ;)

kon