How much are standard front anti roll bar drop links?

liam2368

Member +
Just wondering guys how much are the droplinks and can they be bought from toyota or any of the traders on the site?

thanks

Liam.

Idrees

Banned
I've heard they are silly money from Toyota, £50 a side or something.

Dave @ TM Developments sells the pair for £54, happy days. :)

liam2368

Member +
dammm, thats half the price of a aftermarket arb and you dont get the arb or the u bushes.

think ill plow on with my nackered drop link, till i decide on a new arb.

Gryzor

Admin
your lucky your not in Ireland, they're about €100 here, and no motor factors don't have them. ;)

Jay

Admin
Droplinks Info

The Low Down

There are two versions of droplink setup on the turbo models.

Between Dec 1989 and Dec 1991 (Phase 1 EP82) the turbos shared the same setup as the non turbo models. It consisted of a straight bar with four rubber bushes on each side held in place by two washers on each side.

In 1992 the turbo model got it's own L-shaped antiroll bar links (and it's own antiroll bar to suit). The design eliminated two of the rubber bushes on each side replacing them instead with a newly added joint on the drop link.

This offered improved handling and the setup remained right up until the EP's demise in 1999.

Phase 1 Droplinks

arblink1b.jpg

Parts required for full replacement (both sides):

Link rod X 2 = Part number 48819-10010 (approx £3.21 each plus VAT)
Rubber bush X 8 = Part number 48817-10020 (approx £4.76 each plus VAT
Metal washer X 4 = Part number 90948-02032 (approx £1.66 each plus VAT)
Bolt X 4 = Part number 94182-10800 (approx 1.25 each plus VAT)

Approximate UK retail price inc VAT = £65

Phase 2 Droplinks

arblink2p.jpg

Parts required for full replacement (both sides):

Link rod X 2 = Part number 48820-10010 (approx £20.40 each plus VAT)
Rubber bush X 4 = Part number 48817-10020 (approx £4.76 each plus VAT
Metal washer X 4 = Part number 90948-02032 (approx £1.66 each plus VAT)
Bolt X 2 = Part number 94182-10800 (approx 1.25 each plus VAT)
Bolt X 2 = Part number 90179-10054 (approx 71p each plus VAT)

Approximate UK retail price in VAT = £82

Prices based on 2005 retail figures. They may have decreased/increased since then but any Toyota dealer can quote you on those part numbers.

Cheers,

Jay

SupaStu

Member +
Sounds about right Jay, I replaced both of mine last year as I bent one on a kerb or something, I also upgraded the link bushes with TRD ones.

I thought the prices were not too bad. I can always just about guess how much parts are going to be from Toyota. Try buying parts for a land rover, they are crazy.

liam2368

Member +
darn it,well mine got nackered when my wheel came off after the numpties at the mot station didnt tighten the bolts properly. ill get a aftermarket arb i think.

Idrees

Banned
Aftermarket ARBs do not come with the drop links, they are seperate.

Just for reference.

Also Jay that's an awesome info as usual, Johnny I think the NA ones are like the Early GT's. Whiteline drop link kit is only £35 from Dave, I might get some.

Johnny_C

Lifer
Aftermarket ARBs do not come with the drop links, they are seperate.

Just for reference.

Also Jay that's an awesome info as usual, Johnny I think the NA ones are like the Early GT's. Whiteline drop link kit is only £35 from Dave, I might get some.
i cant see the whiteline ones fitting the standard arb though idrees??