subaru seats fitted!!!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
got my 2004 impreza seats in at last. was a bit of a nightmate, had to make some custom feet up. they do fit really well though and match the interior of the car quite nicely.

im not 100% sure about them tbh, i think i may prefer the stock seats :p

will give them a chance though.

just need to paint the feet and where i ground the old ones off and they will be completely finished.

will get some pics of the feet on the rails when i take them out again ;)

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
yeah, they look better, but im just not sure about how comfy they are.
my dad sat in them and thinks they are really comfy, so does my girlfriend. i just find them a bit odd????

like i said, will give them a chance. if after santapod i dont get on with them i might just sell them :(

Blak_Mamber

Member +
They look good mate. Im sure they are ten times better than stock. The evo seats i put in mine are the best mod i have done to the car. :beer:

Matchew

Member +
They look awesome mate, I know what you mean tho fella they're comfy but weird at the same time, you'll find them really supportive whilst driving round bends etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
i dont like them sorry mate:(they look really big,how well do they hold you in??

they look better in the flesh. they are big though ;)

they hold you in well. the most noticeable part is where it holds your legs in.

ill give them a try. was a pain in the arse job to do so may as well try them out before deciding if to sell or not!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
It is a total bitch to add seats in & customise the rails. Lots of fucking about with mesuring up, getting both seats level etc.. Worth it in the end. Got my rails all filled & painted to cover welds etc.. look smooooth as :cool:

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine were all tig welded. the bloke who did it is a top bollocks welder. fits in nicely and lines up a treat. rails run back and forth perfectly.

its a nice job, just a pity im not 100% happy with the actual seats :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
how much did it cost you to get them put in?

nothing to get them put in. ground the old brackets off and made the new brackets myself. then got my boss to weld them in ;)

i dont know how much someone would charge. i have only payed for 2 things to be done on the car by someone else. that was the 1s remap and second is the MOT ;)

sanchez

Member +
They look good mate, the problem is, is that you are so used to GT seats.
Any different seat you fitted you would have to get used to :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
They look good mate, the problem is, is that you are so used to GT seats.
Any different seat you fitted you would have to get used to :D

exactimondo. i have 2 mk1 GTs so both cars have the same seat (until now).

it will probably just take some getting used too. the position is slightly different as the seat base is a different style to the stock seats.

will see how she goes ;)

weakboy2

Member +
i find aftermarket seats are too high, i'm going to get some low position rails made up for my evo6 recaros i think, as when i go on track i have to slouch otherwise my helmet hits the roof lol.

BTW my rails are ones from japan designed for recaros! Too high. :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
yeah, they are a bit higher than stock. i made them as low as i possibly could.

i could have lowered the back a bit more, but then they would sit strangely.

im only 5'8" so should be fine

sx_turbo

Lifer
i find aftermarket seats are too high, i'm going to get some low position rails made up for my evo6 recaros i think, as when i go on track i have to slouch otherwise my helmet hits the roof lol.

BTW my rails are ones from japan designed for recaros! Too high. :(

you need the low position seat rails like mine then ;) :p

i couldnt stand the stock seats when i got my gt, i felt like i was to tall for them.

they look good man, prob just need some getting used to :)