MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers or BC racing colivers???

iamlegend

Member +
i am needing some advice on what to get heard good things about both items i was going ahead with the BC untill i seen the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers on UKSC
what you think?? smooth ride, will go really low etc

opinions on both coilvers please :beer:

lew777

Member +
ive just had some bc fitted there very good but its gets a little bumpy when ive got a passenger

Enzo

Member +
my view

i have BC racing coilovers on my ep95 and regret the purchase as after settling i find them well sprung on the defualt spring rates but over damped even on the softest setting..

and on a demo car i fited a set of zeta - r's last week.
off the bat id have to say that the MeisterR's are alot more compliant for road use (south lanarkshire officially has the worst roads in britian.)

from my experience d2, k sport, and also bc racing are all over dampened for smooth roads but can lead to a crashy ride on uneaven surfaces.

the reason for this, those generic coilovers are tailored to the american market.

unlike the MeisterRs which have been specificaly tailored to uk roads. this is their saving grace and the reason why i would go for them

after bying my bc's id lost all faith in coilys for where i stay and was only going to recomend a shock spring combo for a road biased setup.

but after doing miles on the MeisterR id say hands down they are the coilys to go for.
the ride is cushening instead of crashy on preset settings and the drop is even.. so in my opinion having driven at length on both setups i would strongly recomend the MeisterRs you will not be disapointed. Im sure any of the lucky few who have them on their eps will concure with me

well thats my brain fart,:beer:

il dig some pics off my cam of the default hight and pics the actual coilys, they look mint.

We have fitted many BC coilovers to customers cars that have been extremely happy with them. The roads round here are apalling and I find the BC's on the fully stripped track car very forgiving. It is most important to have any supspension set up properly to reap the benefits. Given BC's track record and the second to none customer service I will be supplying these for a long time

danb87

South East England Area Rep
We have fitted many BC coilovers to customers cars that have been extremely happy with them. The roads round here are apalling and I find the BC's on the fully stripped track car very forgiving. It is most important to have any supspension set up properly to reap the benefits. Given BC's track record and the second to none customer service I will be supplying these for a long time

whats the price diffrence in meisters? an bc? an whats best value for money?

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i can reconmend the meister r's too. i live right in the sticks and regulary use back roads (proper back roads not like your city boy back roads) and i find them quite easy to live with compared to other setups. :D

danb87

i can reconmend the meister r's too. i live right in the sticks and regulary use back roads (proper back roads not like your city boy back roads) and i find them quite easy to live with compared to other setups. :D

how much are these meisters?

dac69er

Super Moderator
just had a look at the spring rates and they are still pretty hard compared to the likes of the tien super streets. can you choose different rates with the meisters?

i wouldnt want to go much/if any harder than the super streets on a daily car that uses alot of backroads.

here are a few comparisons on spring rates.

tein (SS): 3 front and 2.5 rear
tein (TF): 4 front 4 rear
tein (MF): 5 front 3 rear
Cusco: 6 front 4 rear
meister: 6 front 4 rear
BC: 6 front 4 rear
new D2: 5.3 front 5.3 rear
old D2: 7 front 5 rear

obviously damping more suited to the street can improve the ride even on harder spring rates.

Last edited:

MeisterR

Lifer
Hello everyone. First, big thanks to the admin on accepting my application as a TGTT traders.
Now that I am a registered trader I can be a little more open about the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers.

We are currently out of stock for the EP82/91 because we have just finish redesigning the Zeta-R coilovers for the Starlet.

This new design take care of a few outstanding issue, but most importantly it will allow user to lower their cars more without any drawback to performance such as shorter damper stroke travel.
One of the reason many coilovers on the market does not lower the EP82/91 enough (or as much as most of us would like it) is because they were designed for the American Tercel, they just happen to fit on the Starlet also.
The new design and specification is bespoke for the EP82/91 Chassis.

MeisterR design their coilovers for the UK roads, and we continue to make adjustment to suit the users.
We spend time using a damper dyno to specify the compression and rebound valving for the dampers, and we match that to a sensible spring rate to make the ride as compliant as possible over fast country roads, but with enough damping adjustment for the occasional track days. :)

The Zeta-R a different spring rate than what is listed:
EP82/91: Front: 5.0kg/mm, Rear: 4.0kg/mm

I will offer a group buy deal for the TGTT members once I get the new coilovers in.
They are in production as we speak, so I expect them in early - Mid January the latest.

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability. ;)

sanchez

Member +
Welcome:beer:

Looks like your coilovers are going to be the business mate, and will be in the market for some soon i think :D

Ooo group buy sounds good :rockon:

danb87

Hello everyone. First, big thanks to the admin on accepting my application as a TGTT traders.
Now that I am a registered trader I can be a little more open about the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers.

We are currently out of stock for the EP82/91 because we have just finish redesigning the Zeta-R coilovers for the Starlet.

This new design take care of a few outstanding issue, but most importantly it will allow user to lower their cars more without any drawback to performance such as shorter damper stroke travel.
One of the reason many coilovers on the market does not lower the EP82/91 enough (or as much as most of us would like it) is because they were designed for the American Tercel, they just happen to fit on the Starlet also.
The new design and specification is bespoke for the EP82/91 Chassis.

MeisterR design their coilovers for the UK roads, and we continue to make adjustment to suit the users.
We spend time using a damper dyno to specify the compression and rebound valving for the dampers, and we match that to a sensible spring rate to make the ride as compliant as possible over fast country roads, but with enough damping adjustment for the occasional track days. :)

The Zeta-R a different spring rate than what is listed:
EP82/91: Front: 5.0kg/mm, Rear: 4.0kg/mm

I will offer a group buy deal for the TGTT members once I get the new coilovers in.
They are in production as we speak, so I expect them in early - Mid January the latest.

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability. ;)

any chance off a rough price mate? an how long before youl be getting some in?

cheers