auto 2 manual parts help!!

aaron425

Member +
hey, so im gathering bits to convert my auto glanza to manual and i'll be using a ep82 gearbox, ive searched on this topic and have a list of the parts i think i'll need.
can you guys just confirm i have listed EVERYTHING i need to do the swap and add anything i might have missed.

also all constructive help and pointers will be repped, thankyou please:beer:

1.gearbox (ep82)
2.flywheel and bolts
3.clutch master cylinder + resivoir
4.clutch slave cylinder
5.clutch lines
6.shifter cables + shifter unit
7.clutch pedal

will i need a glanza rear mount for the gearbox or a ep82 mount?:confused:

aaron425

Member +
just had a thought, does the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder have to be off the same model ie both 91 or both 82?

finx

Member +
i also searched and found this that i posted some time ago...

i have done several of these conversions..
if your not very mechanically mined then its not a task to tackle yourself.

im unsure what the cost would be to you as your on the other end of the earth. but the following parts are what you will need

gearbox parts

gearbox
flywheel
flywheel bolts
rear engine mount bracket (gearbox side)
rear engine mount (chassis side) and bolts to match.
LH side engine mount
LH side engine mount bracket
manual gearbox bell housing bolts
manual starter motor
manual starter motor bolts

clutch parts

clutch kit (clutch plate, pressure plate and thrust bearing)
if installing a new clutch kit (this is recommended) get the flywheel machined.
clutch pressure plate bolts
clutch release fork
clutch release fork boot
clutch slave cylinder
clutch slave cylinder bolts
clutch master cylinder
hydrolic clutch lines short and long steel lines and the rubber line
hydrolic clutch line brackets and clips
clutch pedal bracket
clutch pedal bracket nuts
clutch pedal
clutch pedal rubber
clutch pedal spring

other parts

manual brake pedal
shifter assembly
shifter cables x2 one of each type
shifter cable clips x4
shifter boot
gear nob
manual dash cluster (optional)

common misconceptions and facts/things that need doing:

the auto drive shafts do fit the manual gearbox
the auto loom needs to be modified
in gt's and glanzas something needs to be done about the ignition lock as the cable is connected to the auto shifter (ep71 this isnt necessary)
same for the dash cluster in ep82 and ep91's have the auto gear selected lights which aren't needed so a manual dash is a good idea
hole needs to be cut in the firewall for the clutch master cylinder which doubles as the mounting for the clutch pedal bracket. this is the hardest part of the conversion

cheers
Ryan

aaron425

Member +
thanks for the info finx!, would it be easyer if i bought a glanza engina loom and manual ecu?

i know what i got to do but the wiring worries me?

ep71turbo

Member +
thanks for the info finx!, would it be easyer if i bought a glanza engina loom and manual ecu?

i know what i got to do but the wiring worries me?

As far as i remember u can use the same ecu jus the wire loom is different, see the automatic ecu and manual ecu there's no difference really i think the wire loom for the automatic carries a setup for the ect feature... So all u need to do is buy the manual wire loom and hook it up (this bypasses the ect feature simple as that)

finx

Member +
it is reasonably easy to edit out the auto side of the loom, so swapping the entire engine loom is not required unless your not very good with wires

for the ecu side of things there is no differences that will affect performance or the running of the engine at all.
i have proven this with back to back drag runs on my own car

Jay

Admin
In reverse for manual to auto conversion aye.

Nah mate looks a lot more of a headscratcher..

The manual loom doesn't have the autobox plugs which should be a bit of banter to sort. From what I can see both the engine loom and the dash looms will need modification/replacement to accomodate the autobox functions. I'm guessing that the best line is to fit autobox versions of both.

Just thinking, the three plug automatic ECU which would not fit the two plug manual GT loom so there's another landmine to avoid.

Jay