New York New York!

sanchez

Member +
Well me and the mrs (and her family lol) have just booked a holiday to New York :D

So exicted lol sad i know, but i have always wanted to go the the USA!

Were going on the 2nd of January after the massive price drop over Xmas and New Years.

Going to get 4 full days there, in a 4 star hotel right next to central park.

So is there anything i must do or see there? Want to make the most out of the experience!

Cheeres guys :)

clarkytrd

Member +
well for ya, im going to florida again in december, going for a month this time!

new york hmm.... well there is central park, the empire state building, statue of liberty, times square, madison square garden, ground zero...

all the usual stuff people do when they go to new york! my sis and my cousin was there a while back, il find out a good bit of info off them 2moro and let you know ok.

go and have a good one and let us know how ya get on

john

joel_ep91

Member +
dude new york is awsome i was there for 4 days you have to do one of the opentop bus tours they are real good

danb87

South East England Area Rep
dont buy too much as if you go over a certain amount you have too pay heavy taxes, i got family over there, an its the my favourite holiday wenever i get too go. its not that exciting like vegas but its a great atmosphere an the fact you can go out an 1am, walk down times square get a slice or 2 or 3 of pizza an a cold beer an just chill its great

jam35

Member +
dont buy too much as if you go over a certain amount you have too pay heavy taxes, i got family over there, an its the my favourite holiday wenever i get too go. its not that exciting like vegas but its a great atmosphere an the fact you can go out an 1am, walk down times square get a slice or 2 or 3 of pizza an a cold beer an just chill its great

wrong lol your doing it wrong, buy what you like just cut the tags of things like clothes, avoid things like games consoles as they are not pal compatible, you have to go to franks steak house if thats your thing?they are in the meat packing district and you will not find a better steak.if you want cheap desiner clothes go to century 21 its directly across from ground zero.ive been to new york 5 times and will be going back next year.you will love it

danb87

wrong wrong, they check your baggage weight/nyumber of cases/holdals, too wat you origionally fly with. an if weights dont match up there entitled too open your case too check through. an items that dont look like they would be taken on a holiday will be removed, my dad went out there with his mate in april, tried too bring a apple laptop, an 5 suits back. they removed the laptop an 3 suits left him with just 2 an made him pay almost $700 on taxes for the laptop an other suits.

new yorks good for shoppin if you got the bank balance too cover the export taxes. there pretty lenient with gifs things tho, hats magnets lol all that but i wouldn risk buyin anythink too steep.

while your there, make sure you go too central park, an join in one of the baseball games , i had a right laugh as i had no idea what too do. an dont try takin an pics etc off 9/11 site, people dont like that.

sanchez you will have a blast but you shud have gone with ya mates. it would be much better. plenty of those adult clubs there too enjoy lol.

@ joel, vegas is shit hot dude, gambiling, booze,boxing, magic and golf. lol

sanchez

Member +
@Clarky, yeah will see all the usual attractions, well hope to see as much as possible.
Yeah if they have any good info for me dude, that would be grand :D

@Joel, yeah thats a good idea, will try the open top tour bus, but wont it be ruddy freezing? lol
New York was te best? sounds good to me!

@Dan & Jam, yeah will watch out not to buy too much stuff, well not big stuff maybe like electronics etc
im sure the usual clothes and that wont be too much of a problem?

Last edited:

clarkytrd

Member +
you are allowed 23kg on your baggage and you are allowed 10kg hand luggage to bring on the plane with you.

its to do with fuel economy, well so they say anyway, been to florida 8 times and going again in december so i know the rules pretty well.

just go enjoy yourself, do some research on the net and all before you go and il try get you some info too off my sister and my cousin.

malcolmgt

Member +
i went to vegas couple of weeks back and took a good few bits of clothes. about 8 quite heavy polo shirts and t shirts and was ok. nothign said about weight of my bag but suppose just be careful.
i had never been to america before and was so excited too. although i went vegas im sure new york will be amazing! have a good time lad

sanchez

Member +
Cheers guys, cant wait lol

@Arnold, check out the deals on Virgin arilines, thats what we used, staying right next to central park, quite near the empire state building.
We got a good deal, got 4 nights, with one free at this certain hotel, so win win :)

@malc, yeah wont be too bad i suppose, will buy a few bits, just have to keep an eye on weight. cheers mate :)

danb87

have you not heard that all flights have been cancelled dude. .............................................

:) have a good time mate

dellybeans

Member +
Wooo not long now, flight is a 9am tomorrow morning, so an early start tomorrow :)

Cant wait!!

Yeah mate enjoy have a good one . . . I in the middle of booking it looking at 900 Euro for flights so looking around for accomidation ? We were going last year but i broke my leg in work so had to cancel it so ah year later and she is getting her 21st birthday present for her 22nd birthday cheers. What hotel you staying in and things to do there ? We are just back from America we were over there for Christmas. Thank you

sanchez

Member +
Well guys, that was pretty awesome, am so glad i went tbh, all i can say is if you get the chance, DO IT!! lol

On another note, everything seems to be pretty expensive :( lol maybe just New York?
But clothes, food and drinks are expensive and the majority of New Yorkers seem to be miserable as fuck haha

We stayed in a hotel called The Westin, was a very nice and expensive hotel, and was pretty much in the centre of the city, a 2 min walk from Time Square, so great location!!!

If anyone is going, mainly to see sights make sur eyou get one of the voucher books, costs $80 and has about 8 attractions/trips to do, and most of these trip were $20+ each so was a bargain!

Any way pics on the way :D