Boken seatbelt button

sk8chris

Fresh Recruit
Hi Guys

Need some help on seat belts.
My GT failed its MOT today because the passenger side seatbelt button has broken and has got stuck pressed down and I need to replace it.

Does anyone know the part number for toyota or perhaps have one for sale?
wil I need to replace the belt aswell? or just the clip part.

Its a 1994 quadlight GT

Thanks

No ya dont need a new seatbelt, just the reciever, my passenger one packed up saturday kinda, its acting the bollox, im getting one from a normal irish starlet and my mate told me it will fit, he owns a scrap yard, i can confirm it later if you want that it will fit anyway

sk8chris

Fresh Recruit
Yeah if you could let me know if it fits I would really appreciate it.
I've heard that there all different fitments, and that some bolt to the floor and some to the actual seat and some of the clips don't fit some receivers so i wasn't sure if a non import would fit

Yeah if you could let me know if it fits I would really appreciate it.
I've heard that there all different fitments, and that some bolt to the floor and some to the actual seat and some of the clips don't fit some receivers so i wasn't sure if a non import would fit

Im going gettin it at 2 so should know by around 3. il post here for ya when i know, my mate thinks a standard irish starlet one should fit, he thinks anyway, so if a irish one will fit id say a english one will

sk8chris

Fresh Recruit
Any word on whether the seatbelt of the regular starlet fits?

Anyone out there know the part number so I can give toyota a try to get the part? not having much luck with breakers

Texx

Super Moderator
73240-10080-B0 That's for the passenger side of a Mk3 GT.

I'm 99.9% sure you'll either need to order one from Toyota or find one from a Mk3 EP82 GT. If it's possible to fit the stalk from an earlier or later EP to the seat of a Mk3 GT, then you could also replace the seatbelt to match.

Sorry for delay in reply, went to get a pair with my mate and he told me they wouldnt fit then? he said that the jap have a wire in them biut the irish dont so they wouldnt work :( on the hunt i am for a set now and ive located a crashed ep82 hopefully will get a set too

sk8chris

Fresh Recruit
Thanks guys I appreciate the help.

Hopefully toyota wont charge some extortionate price but hearing about other peoples issues with them they probably will.

Jay

Admin
Toyota everytime folks, I got a set for my mk3 track car recently. Worked out about £10~15 a side :

55again010.jpg

Jay

sk8chris

Fresh Recruit
Thanks Jay

Thats a good price was expecting it too be much higher or have to buy the full set with belts.

is this the right part number 73240-10080-B0 ? its just you have a different number in your photo, just need to make sure have to get it all sorted by the 16th so I need to make sure they get the right part in.
Now maybe a stupid question but Ive never ordered from Toyota before do I just quote the part number or just ask for the part and tell them what car it is?
does it have to be a certain dealer or will any local toyota showroom do?

Thanks

Texx

Super Moderator
is this the right part number 73240-10080-B0 ? its just you have a different number in your photo

It's entirely possibly that part number has been superseded by a new part. If you give your local Toyota dealer a call and quote both part numbers they should be able to tell you if they're both the same part. However as Jay has already bought and fitted? the ones above to his Mk3, I think it's probably a dead cert that those are the ones you need.

sk8chris

Fresh Recruit
Got my new seatbelt today from Toyota after they messed up and ordered the wrong one.

The part number was the one in jay's pic ending in -B1 good thing that was posted or I would have been screwed since they said after the first belt wasn't right that whether the second one they order was wright or wrong that's the one id be having and paying for and there were 3 different part numbers to choose from.
£8 in the end too so bit of a bargain i think.

Nwimie

Member +
i squirted some white greese into mine when it kept sticking :) sorted now looks like the replacement part is cheap enough tho great info jay