Fan constantly on?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
right, problem being the fan stays on when ignitions on tryied changing conectors etc too see if was in wrong way but no joy

any ideas what could be?

was fine in my car, but now changed all my stuff too other shell its staying on lol

thanks in advance

dan

grum-glanza

Member +
it sounds it me like its wired to a switched live and not the water temp sensor which is what i think would activate the fan when the water comes to temperture or else its the termistat im not sure thats just what i think it might be hope its something small to fix and not wiring

Jay

Admin
There's a pressure switch that sits in the aircon piping behind the passenger side headlamp. If this isn't connected then your cooling fan will run soon as the ignition is switched on. It is commonly caused by the removal of the aircon system. You can bridge the connector to get the fan to operate as normal if the aircon switch has been lost/binned.

Jay

danb87

any pics of what im looking for mate, sorry the lad who had the shell before me said it was working fin :?( but now this issue

thanks

dan

Jay

Admin
Look in this area of the bay:

june003.jpg

You will find the aircon pressure switch connector:

june005t.jpg

(This is a mk2/3 version, the mk1's should only have two pins from what I remember)

Now bridge the pins like so:

june006.jpg

I'll let you decide how neatly you do it but make sure to tape it up securely with insultating tape to avoid water ingress.

Hope that helps buddy,

Jay

danb87

im pretty sure its not bridged mate, thanks for that will give that a go in the morning, will the fan work normally when needs too come on etc

thanks

dan

Jay

Admin
Yeah, you can doublecheck by warming it up with a roadtest and letting her sit for ten minutes/till fan comes on.

Jay