oil cooler

reyft

Member +
i need to buy oil coller for glanza, can i find cheap nice 1? how much did you are pay for it? any 1 use before china make. thanks.

96v

Member +
wot makes you think you need one? if you use the car for just road use, they can do more harm then good!

STARLET N/A

Member +
if it is for road use you will need to get a thermostatic sandwich plate. mocal do these, you can find some on ebay. thats were i got mine.

costs:

13 row oil cooler: 25
mocal thermostatic sandwich plate:40
braided oil lines: 7

so cost me £72 in total, not bad.

Last edited:

reyft

Member +
if it is for road use you will need to get a thermostatic sandwich plate. mocal do these, you can find some on ebay. thats were i got mine.

costs:

nice 1 boddy, thanks
Mocal thermostatic sandwich plate is it standart size?

96v

Member +
There not needed for road use, it's a waste of money. Put the money else where.

x2, cold oil is just as bad as oil getting to hot! unless you drive round on the roads like a bellend then you will not need one :)

mech5107

Fresh Recruit

costs:

Any link?

tommrs

Member +
im with everyone against you gettin one mate! oils made to warm up and work! surely keeping it cold and thick just works the engine harder and lubricates less? not needed for road use! used to run my glanza 354miles from chesterfield ( derbyshire ) to landsend ( cornwall ) just for a weekend drive! just over 5 hours! never had any trouble with oil temp!

tommrs

Member +
pretty much bang on all way! foot down all way down a38/a30 used t get bout 3/4 and up on way back and on very hot days! but normally in uk its hardly ever hot enough to effect it anyway! just spend ya cash on some good oil! n a good filter n then you got spare cash for the pub! ( never drink and drive ) :)

WallaceGlanza

Member +

costs:

Even with the thermostatic sandwich plate the oil may not get upto temp - mine doesnt. As the thermo in the sandwich plate is slightly open at all times. An inline thermostat is better in this sense but not as neat.

STARLET N/A

Member +
^^ i have checked mine and after fitting the lines stay cold until the car is fully warm.

my stat opens at 85 degrees. aim to keep temp around 90-95.

for all the ppl asking for links, it was all off ebay. the prices have gone up since then, was a while back (2 years)

oil cooler http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bek051-MGB-62-74-MGC-OIL-COOLER-13-ROW-/380378168305?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58904e3bf1

lines (i used 50cm, but cant find them but were like these, im sure local DIY store will have them) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-MESH-FLEXI-TAP-SHOWER-HOSES-1-2-BSP-FEMALE-ENDS-/270852325536?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Taps_PP&hash=item3f100e80a0

fitting for oil cooler (might need one, depending on your oil cooler mounting. for length ways)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flowfit-BSP-Male-xBSP-Swivel-Female-Elbow-All-Sizes-Available-Free-delivey-/250899836960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item8011715e41

cant find the sandwich plate, was some universal one with the right thread for oil filter. i remember i have to make sure the oil filter diameter was able to fit plate.