Dyno print at 0.9 bar standard CT9! Auto gearbox.

Paul_JJ

Member +
To be honest I expected a little bit more, but the turbo is pretty old and the wastegate is badly cracked. I was surprised to see such torque at 3K RPM with an auto gearbox.

HKS actuator + FPR at 3.1 bar + FCD set to 7

What do you think guys?

dyno.jpg

P.S. Didn't know where to post so if in wrong section please move to the correct one. Thanks.

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
Should be lovely to give a few germans a scare in traffic!!
Nm is awesome!!!
Kw also not bad :)

Thanks mate. The torque is really noticable after the boost increase.
The AFR is pretty rich, but I'm not very good with these Lambda readings.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Can somebody comment on the AFR? The tuner wasn't very helpful unfortuntaly, didn't look to me like he had any experience with starlets, but the dyno looked good.

Rev

Member +
At 6800rpm I would not worry the ecu is probably adding fuel for cooling saftey although views do differ here on that maybe others can explain better. I think best torque at WOT is around 11.5 AFR .

AdamB

Member +
Looks good mate, as I said last night that torque figure is very healthy! Nothing wrong with running 11 AFR, looks safe enough to me, although the peak at 5400 isn't brilliant, do you notice a lack of grunt at this rpm?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
It's a nice torque curve but I wouldn't say it is that high a figure (167 ft lb), certainly wouldn't scare my German with 500Nm. :p

Paul_JJ

Member +
so all this car has is a fcd , boost at 0.9 on a standard ct9 turbo and fpr ? and it made 176 bhp ?

Toyo FMIC with long route hot pipe
Zisco Mani
HKS Exhaust Free Flow
Relocated Air Filter with AC in place, my own style -)
Iridium Plugs
Magnecor Leads
HKS BOV

Yes the Turbo is completely standard 14 year old which came with the car 84K Miles, has no leaks at all, nor shaft play but the wastegate is cracked.
The engine compression test showed 12 BAR on 1,2,4 cylinders and 11.75 on the 3rd. So pretty healthy for 84K miles.
The gearbox fluid has been replaced with High Quality FUCHS, especially made for the Japanese Cars.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Looks good mate, as I said last night that torque figure is very healthy! Nothing wrong with running 11 AFR, looks safe enough to me, although the peak at 5400 isn't brilliant, do you notice a lack of grunt at this rpm?

It didn't happen every run mate, some runs it did some runs it didn't and the AFR was gradually going down. I don't feel any lack of power at that rpm, the punch certainly comes at 3K rpm, which is awesome because I can make it to 70mph staying at 3K rpm all the time and don't even feel the gear changes.

Glanza-Chris

Fresh Recruit
excellent .. now gives me hope for some power on the dole lol fmic , manifold , decat and fcd, fpr and up the boost .. sounds good . much difference over standard ? was a real honda head the past 3 years .. drove a 1.6 sohc and b16a2 only 30 bhp difference but it felt alot more lol .. just a query 176 over 130 feel sweet ?

Paul_JJ

Member +
excellent .. now gives me hope for some power on the dole lol fmic , manifold , decat and fcd, fpr and up the boost .. sounds good . much difference over standard ? was a real honda head the past 3 years .. drove a 1.6 sohc and b16a2 only 30 bhp difference but it felt alot more lol .. just a query 176 over 130 feel sweet ?

Feels like a new car to be honest!