HKS SSQV sounds odd after HDI fitted

Kev

Member +
HKS SSQV sounds almost silent after HDI fitted

Hi all,

Fitted my HKS SSQV tonight to the HDI intercooler kit. I expected it to sound different to how it was setup before on the standard intercooler setup.

however it almost sounds silent with the chatter noise of having no bov when driving the car, it appears to be operating as it should do and you can really feel the air being pushed out, but without the tssssssssh sound if you know what I mean?

hks%20ssqv

Is it because I haven't changed the adapter or something else?

thanks for any advice

Kev

Last edited:

Kev

Member +
It's odd, because you can see it operating as normal, feel the real blast of air coming through, but hardly any if any noise coming from it :S

Kev

D1v

Member +
thats strange, it should make the same noise if not a bit louder i found, could be ur adaptor? or bov can you adjust it? tho i dont think you should have to.. i didnt, no leaks in the piping? vac hose punctured?

ktl

Member +
I have the same dump valve and same intercooler and yes the sound did change but im use to it now!

its something to do with the longer piping

Kev

Member +
hks%20ssqv1

It's connected as it was before, can it be setup any differently?

This is also the blue tubing I bought for it.

link

thanks
Kev

Last edited:

cameroon95

Member +
I have the same dump valve and same intercooler and yes the sound did change but im use to it now!

Mines is the same dude.

Chatter and full dump on high revs with a short chatter.

Its something to do with the quickest route of the air.

Perfectly safe i beleive

Foggy

Member +
Mine sounded the same after i fitted my hdi kit but i heard a few people say that the dv sounded different after fitting a fmic

Kev

Member +

Thanks for the info, can you hear your HKS SSQV at all?

I have tried adjusting it with the pressure screw and basically it makes no noticeable difference in noise.

I think I'll be changing to another BOV, but then wonder due to the piping if it will sound the same as it does now?

thanks
Kev

ktl

Member +
Thanks for the info, can you hear your HKS SSQV at all?

I have tried adjusting it with the pressure screw and basically it makes no noticeable difference in noise.

I think I'll be changing to another BOV, but then wonder due to the piping if it will sound the same as it does now?

thanks
Kev

Yeah i can hear it. I have wound the nut at the back of the dump valve all the way in. When i wound it out it wasnt making much of a noise and sounded very weak when dumping

Kev

Member +
It's running standard boost at the moment,

I do have plans to increase the boost, but need some supporting fuel modifications first.

Thanks
Kev