EP82 Twin Turbo X2 CT9 Hybrids.

goldenvtr

Member +
someone in our corolla club has made a Twincharger. He has a 4A-GZE with a turbo. He usses the charger to spool up the big turbo, as soon as the turbo is on boost the valve shuts down the charger. He is going to run it on a Megasquirt ECU. But is yet to be fine tuned.

Thats exactly what im on about. very cool idea. has he got a members page or anything i can havea read though :)?

riko666

Member +
very difficult to synchronise the separate actuation/deactivation of the supercharger and turbocharger...though HKS did make a Twincharger kit for the 4agze is if details of that kit were had it'd be easier to understand

EP82

Member +
lol, I think its funny that people on here talk about the possibility of going twin turbo and all the supra and RX-7 nuts Dream about going single turbo lol

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I sugested this ages back aswell, but it was more of a bi-turbo setup i was on about, I was thinking of two smaller turbos then the ct9 but the flowing air added up to more than the ct9 if you get what i mean,

Demenshun3k

Member +
someone in Australia did a Paseo with a Twin-CT12 Setup...looked very ghetto though

lol :)

somethin to do a drive by in
:shoot:

could u put a bigger bottom end on a starbo?
A civic type r around here has a 2.0ltr bottom end..

imagine a twin turbo, 2.0litre starbo!!

Guye

Lifer
I thought the twin scrolling turbine setup was made obsolete by modern higher output, faster spooling turbos. Older turbos suffered from lag and were somewhat inefficient (compared to morden units) so the twin scrolling system was used to help with spool up and engine response, not really for creating maximum power output. I remember reading on another forum that the HKS supercharger/turbo charger kit is no longer practical since better response and top end power can be more easily acheived with a mordern single ballbearing unit. A twin turbo setup would be unique indeed, but I'll be far more excited if someone was making a ballbearing td04l hybrid that would spool from 1000-1300rpm with the 4efte. Someone make this...please!!!!

riko666

Member +
Well BMW's range of Turbodiesel 3.5L engines still utilise a Sequential Twin-Turbo setup, however apart from the efficiency of modern turbo's, Variable Vane technology has also outweighed the point of a twin-turbo setup

jpecc

Fresh Recruit
hep heres a 4efte twinturbo setup

I sugested this ages back aswell, but it was more of a bi-turbo setup i was on about, I was thinking of two smaller turbos then the ct9 but the flowing air added up to more than the ct9 if you get what i mean,
n16ps9.jpg

a59pvt.jpg

wqq8m1.jpg

b51yxj.jpg
[/IMG]
2uizscm.jpg