importing a car, prob need importers advise.

cantbassed

Member +
ok... im looking at a car, i found one and in contact with the seller in japan, he's found me what i like, given me prices for the car, and a price for shipping. of course i would need a sva test and what ever else i need... if someone could go over this, this would be great.
i know: km -miles, rear fog light..........

how would i go about getting the tests done so it can be driven on uk roads???

also would any dealers on here be able to help me out on sorting the above out etc, or even going through the transaction of the car i have in mind and i go through you with payments?

spose i just need some general advise and pointers

thankyou damian

EP82

Member +
What year is the car?, if it is older than 1997 you can just sent it though a standard MOT, import duty is 10% and tax will be 17.5%. Other than that all you need to do is send the money and pick the car up ;)

ady_glanza

Member +
ok... im looking at a car, i found one and in contact with the seller in japan, he's found me what i like, given me prices for the car, and a price for shipping. of course i would need a sva test and what ever else i need... if someone could go over this, this would be great.
i know: km -miles, rear fog light..........

how would i go about getting the tests done so it can be driven on uk roads???

also would any dealers on here be able to help me out on sorting the above out etc, or even going through the transaction of the car i have in mind and i go through you with payments?

spose i just need some general advise and pointers

thankyou damian

Hi mate
Can you provide a link to the car, i might have come across the company before and the guy selling you the car, as i've been in touch with a few importers.

cantbassed

Member +
is it alright and go through a standard mot if its a 1997??? well thats what it is.

i dont have a link to the actual car as it wernt on his inventory, so i mailed him if he could find me one, and had replied with pictures and spec etc. has 66km on and looks mint, no damage etc. tbh i can imagion i having scrathes but what 11yr old car dont.

heres the link from the person whom im in contact with.

http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~mamiana/index.html

Jules-B

Member +
i think that was the website that siilversurfer had many problems with, but now it seems the thread was removed ????.. if its him, keep you money man, and go through an importer on here, he will rob you

Dave.

Member +
yup. Mamiana is a proper conman, if you get a car, you'll be lucky if its the same model as the one you paid for, nevermind the same spec or even the same car!

Steer well clear!

Dave

sx_turbo

Lifer
is it alright and go through a standard mot if its a 1997??? well thats what it is.

i dont have a link to the actual car as it wernt on his inventory, so i mailed him if he could find me one, and had replied with pictures and spec etc. has 66km on and looks mint, no damage etc. tbh i can imagion i having scrathes but what 11yr old car dont.

heres the link from the person whom im in contact with.

http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~mamiana/index.html

do not buy from him, silver surfer has had no end of trouble from him. he ordered a car almost 6 months ago, and the bloke started messing him around, there was a big hoo ha, and it turns out this guy is a con man.

i cant find siilversurfer 69 original thread, about it, i think its been deleted, any way the car is now in this country, but he cant pick it up from the docs, cos he still hasnt been sent the documents from mamiana, and the doc is charging him, storage for each day.

it has cost him loads more than it should have done, and he (as far as im aware) still hasnt been resolved.

oh and siilversurfer 69, has got the international fraud squad on his case.

TomS

Lifer
and make sure this guy in japan doesnt rob you and leave you swinging like a tit in the wind!:p

Are people often left swinging "like a tit in the wind"? Cause i'm about to spend some of my hard earned cash on a starlet gt from nissho-trading.net they operate through trade car view. I've already been advised if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is, but this is the only way i can afford a nice gt.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Are people often left swinging "like a tit in the wind"? Cause i'm about to spend some of my hard earned cash on a starlet gt from nissho-trading.net they operate through trade car view. I've already been advised if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is, but this is the only way i can afford a nice gt.

well, i wouldnt trust any one that hasnt been recomended by some one.

your better off saving that bit more cash, and buying one off trevor on this site.
he knows starlets inside out, and i can garuntee it would be almost perfect.

Yeah there are some real con importers out there. Make sure to research who your buying off before you do so.
I imported one not that long ago through Monky's Inc and I ahve to say a pleasure to deal with, the car arrived on time with docs etc. They will also add in any additional parts you want for your car so you can get real good JDM mods and they even help you out with free things if they can. Really recomend them. If ya want ill give you his email address.
Thanks Christy

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
I cannot believe the amount of people out there that are willing to hand over their hard-earned cash on the basis that they've seen a car on a website...

Stupidity reigns when it comes to self-importing, and all common-sense goes out of the window because someone thinks they've 'found a bargain'...

How many more times do I have to say, DO YOUR BLOODY HOMEWORK FIRST!

cantbassed

Member +
I cannot believe the amount of people out there that are willing to hand over their hard-earned cash on the basis that they've seen a car on a website...

Stupidity reigns when it comes to self-importing, and all common-sense goes out of the window because someone thinks they've 'found a bargain'...

How many more times do I have to say, DO YOUR BLOODY HOMEWORK FIRST!

well no money has been handed over, nor was it till i make a thread on here about it. i wouldnt do a thing unitll iv asked about it first. belive me! plus im skint for time being. im only researching into all of this at the moment. as thats why iv asked on here.
okies i wont be using him then! cool cool!

97'GlanzaVTurbo yeh if you could pm the email that would be great!

il prob as you lovely traders on here my question on the car to import for me if that would be at all poss?

thankyou for the response and advise!

sx_turbo

Lifer
why dont you ask mark to have a look for you, or give him the details of the car?

he could probably be able to find it, and he is very trusted, and has trusted sources, it might cost you a bit more, but it would be well worth the extra

cantbassed

Member +
why dont you ask mark to have a look for you, or give him the details of the car?

he could probably be able to find it, and he is very trusted, and has trusted sources, it might cost you a bit more, but it would be well worth the extra

mark?? iv just pm'd 3 traders on here to see what they can come up with. im looking at levins, but im interested in the bzr 6 m/t. i know theres a bzg in the forsale section, but if im spendin the money, i may aswell pay abit more to get exactly what i want if that makes any sense.