4wdep85turbo

Fresh Recruit
hi all.
u guys hav a awesome site.
i am in South Africa and are one of the few people here thats owned starlet gt turbos as we not allowed to import used vehicles.i found a loop hole a few years ago and can now own jdm cars.
my latest starlet is a ep 85 4 wheel drive wich i did a 4efte transplant and suspension upgrades.we currently busy making a custom ex branch for the tdo4H and installing a 2 row radiator from a D series honda.and also already did a full rollcage design on auto cad and bought the cromoly.we just hav to bend the pipe and weld it together.
i also did bigger front and rear disc brake conversion.
here is some early pics of my car:
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/swazisportcars/4whd ep85 turbo/

:quadgt:

Jay

Admin
Good to see another AWD 4EFTE on the site, they are an excellent path to travel.

Looks like you put a lot of effort into the setup, and I love the fact it's a 5 door! Enjoy the site,

Jay

4wdep85turbo

Fresh Recruit
good stuff, 5 door too! you using coilovers?

thanks having so much fun with it..
yip i have buddy club racing coil overs..its originaly for ep 82 gt.fronts fit no problem..backs u have to change mount..
what suspension u using..

4wdep85turbo

Fresh Recruit
Good to see another AWD 4EFTE on the site, they are an excellent path to travel.

Looks like you put a lot of effort into the setup, and I love the fact it's a 5 door! Enjoy the site,

Jay

thanks Jay..yip it tooks months to build..as we did lots of upgrades,suspension,brakes,mounts,bushes,trd short shifter,stand alone ecu,plumbed inn fire est system,kill switch,custom strutbraces and so much more...
motor and turbo still std as i wanted to 1st test drivetrain and handling ect..
waiting for forged parts from speedvision and cams and springs..busy with tdo4h exh branch and custom intake manifold and 70mm throttle and aftermarket 2 row radiator.
have u got any experience with 4wd 4efte..

melvyn

G

gaz_turbo1

looks good, how low can you go on the back suspension, i got zep racing coilovers and they are to the lowest setting but still high:flame:,
you need to tell us bout the audi s3 rear brakes set up,

4wdep85turbo

Fresh Recruit
looks good, how low can you go on the back suspension, i got zep racing coilovers and they are to the lowest setting but still high:flame:,
you need to tell us bout the audi s3 rear brakes set up,

howzt mate..
the back schock mounts hav to be modified..i will send u pics soon..mine can is level with front and i can still go down if i want..
for the back disc and calipers i will also send pics soon..
my car is at a friends workshop he is busy making my tdo4 h ex branch and custom intake with 70mm throttle.and rollcage..
as soon i hav it back i will do pics..

have u done any 1/4mile runs and what times..
cheers melvyn

Ted

Member +
thanks having so much fun with it..
yip i have buddy club racing coil overs..its originaly for ep 82 gt.fronts fit no problem..backs u have to change mount..
what suspension u using..

i was using d2 coilovers with the std rear topmount and they went down as low as i wanted, but still a bit harsh for our roads. now experimenting with spring/shock setups using 4wd rear topmounts but still a moonbuggy so far.

if you modified the topmounts in some way would love to know how!

4wdep85turbo

Fresh Recruit
i was using d2 coilovers with the std rear topmount and they went down as low as i wanted, but still a bit harsh for our roads. now experimenting with spring/shock setups using 4wd rear topmounts but still a moonbuggy so far.

if you modified the topmounts in some way would love to know how!

i also used the 4wd rear topmounts at first but that did not alow it to go down enough.and caused the tail to get loose under heavy breaking..so we made our own rear topmounts so its same height as front on same adjustment..if that makes sense..i will try and go take some pics tom and post it..u still using drum breaks at the back..

NosydneW

Member +
I really want to know how you did the rear disc conversion. What setup did you use ? post pics when you got them.

btw...rare 5 door turbo 4wd...nice

G

gaz_turbo1

pretty sure he told me it was audi s3 rear calipers and disc's, sure there 5 stud so must of got them re-drilled, or used a different disc

NosydneW

Member +
5 studs...hmmm...I thought a civic rear setup would fit too. the rear coilovers are also a problem....

let 's wait till he share some info

Ted

Member +
i also used the 4wd rear topmounts at first but that did not alow it to go down enough.and caused the tail to get loose under heavy breaking..so we made our own rear topmounts so its same height as front on same adjustment..if that makes sense..i will try and go take some pics tom and post it..u still using drum breaks at the back..

yea still on drums, might go discs if the knowledge was available....