vacuum pipes?

turbo-fever

Member +
right dunno if anyone can help but just put my new engine in and there seems to be 2 pipes comin off the steerin rack (looks that way) they go to a solenoid of some sort, then 2 vacuum pipes go to the intake manifold but i dont know which way round they go any ideas?

i know a pic will help will get one tomoz wen it is light.

cheers neil

turbo-fever

Member +
yer did sorta think that meself but thought i would double check,

any other things i could get wrong? most pipes only go to a certain place.

wat bout starter motor and alternater cables?

Jay

Admin
Just watch the water and vacuum pipes onto the bottom of the throttle valve. Get those wrong and you will get a sump full of coolant.

Generally all the connectors will only plug into their proper places. If you take your time and doublecheck everything you will be fine mate.

Jay

Rory

Lifer
the ones from the steering rack to the bottom of the TB have to go on the correct way round other wise you start pumping water through your engine.

^^^Epic Fail. :confused: :slap: ^^^

The vacume hoses from the steering rack, doesnt matter which way round they go.

The water line that runs through the throttle body is the one to watch, easy to get confused with the vacume source.

As per the pic, its a bit fuzzy, but should be able to still see it.
The far left line goes to the thermostat housing.
Middle pipe leads to the water line below the inlet manifold.
Right hand side is a vacume, so no water lines here....

IMGP0352.jpg

Fishy89GT

Banned

The water line that runs through the throttle body is the one to watch, easy to get confused with the vacume source.

IMGP0352.jpg
opps I was told wrong then :( sorry guys.

turbo-fever

Member +

IMGP0352.jpg

cheers rory very useful indeed will check there right

rep added

turbo-fever

Member +
yep i did lol double checked everthing aswell only noticed cos there was water comin out of my downpipe lol but got it all sorted car runs fine but need to know wat i should do to get water out as i now have white substance in the oil filler cap?

Rory

Lifer
It will hydrolock your engine. (Not good)

Drain your oil out, change the filter, put fresh stuff oil in, run it for a few miles(not hard), drain it again, just to make sure (possible change the oil filter again) Put more oil in, and off you go.

Whip Wallaceglanza a PM, he done this, he will tell you how he did it.

Jay

Admin
Not good at all mate.

Basically it will dump an amount of water into your oil system.

The oil and water will seperate so as the oil floats on the water. This means that the water content will probably end up in your sump. The drawback to this is that the oil pickup could suck this up and try to lubricate your engine with it..

Drain the oil system and refill with fresh oil then run the engine. Let it cool down (overnight is good) then drain it again. The moisture will end up at the bottom of the sump and you will see this if you watch the contents of the sump drain. You may need to do this a few times to get the water out.

Once it looks reasonably clean the oil system will still have moisture present in it. This should burn off as the oil heats up and cools down as part of normal driving. Expect a smokey exhaust and emulsification on the oil cap (whitish crap).

Hope that makes sense bud.

Jay

turbo-fever

Member +
yes makes sense cheers people couldnt believe when it had happened waited 7 weeks to start the car only for this to happen just hope i can sort it otherwise i will not be happy lol rep added