Glanza engine in a MK1 EP-82?

Trevor

Member +
Needed

You will need absolutely nothing.The only difference is a few sensors but just swap them from your old engine onto the Glanza engine.I know this for fact as i've done quite a few.Any one who says different is WRONG.

Jay

Admin
I can only agree with my esteemed colleague up in Ballymena hay.

Just swap whatever sensors you need off your old powerplant. :)

MentaLEP91

Member +
ok does the mk1 ep82's have a 2 pin ecu? glanzas have 3.
the glanza 4efte has a throttle position sensor which analogically and thats the main difference that must be taken care during the swap? am i wrong?
so the mk1 ecu can take care of this? or the existing harness? apologize if im wrong or have em confused. :)

Fishy89GT

Banned
all gt's have 2 pin and glanza's are 3 pin :)

i believe the tps are slightly differnet (not 100% sure) but i the auto tps's are deffinantely different.

si

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
as trev & jay rightly said u wont need to change anything from the harness or ecu.. u can use the old one on the glanza engine..

sensors which will need changing are:

tps, map sensor & the water temp sensor.. from memory those are the only ones :)

kon

dantheman

Member +
ive just changed a ep91-ep82 engine and the TPS are the same, theyre both 3 pin, both have the same part numbers, only difference was one has a silver sticker and the other a purple. only the auto's have a variable TPS.

You will need absolutely nothing.The only difference is a few sensors but just swap them from your old engine onto the Glanza engine.I know this for fact as i've done quite a few.Any one who says different is WRONG.

i'm with this guy, jay, hybrid, etc....:)

its a straight swap ....just use back your sensors and maybe intake manifold depending .........also some heads have a small coolant hole in them at the back while others dont----CHECK this, cause u could experience a leak if there is a mis-match