Oil pressure sending unit

chickie9

Fresh Recruit
Hi! New here to GT Turbo, does anyone know where to put the sending unit of the oil pressure gauge? Would appreciate if with pics please... Thanks!

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
you need an adapter plate that sits between the filter and the stock plate - they normally come with two or three threads for senders - the only problem is fitting it in the stock place - id look at a oil filter relocation kit from one of the traders on here - has everything you need!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
You can also use a t piece adaptor that screws in where the original oil pressure sensor fits, then have both there.

Like so:

CIMG9696.jpg

chickie9

Fresh Recruit
You can also use a t piece adaptor that screws in where the original oil pressure sensor fits, then have both there.

Like so:

CIMG9696.jpg

Thanks for this sent pic WallaceGlanza. I was thinking instead of using a T-Piece adaptor can I use the bolt on the left side? The sending unit I am going to use has a same size as the bolt.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Just quick question , will be removing the pressure sender switch, do i need drain the oil 1st or can do it with out.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Im waitin for that to arrive, The thing ive noticed with my oil pressure gauge is, its comes with metal pipe instead (think copper), so i asume the sender is in the gauge. Is it safe to run pipe from the adapter right next to the dash over the headunit?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Im waitin for that to arrive, The thing ive noticed with my oil pressure gauge is, its comes with metal pipe instead (think copper), so i asume the sender is in the gauge. Is it safe to run pipe from the adapter right next to the dash over the headunit?

you've got a mechanical type pressure gauge, it's safe as long as you use the right pipe and securely tighten all couplings

Big_Daddy

Member +
Another question (sorry), when fitting the adpter and the stock senser, do you any sealant to prevent leaks? or just tighten it hard (not rock hard).