Cd Player Problem

D1v

Member +
Cd Player Problem **update need some more help!**

Just bought a cd player, Have a problem tho :(

Photo622.jpg

new one is the one on the right. (There both KENWOODS)

The problem is the connections at the back are different:
Photo623.jpg

(Old one)

Photo621.jpg

(New one)

As you can see in the pics, the old one had 2 connection while the new one there is only one slot.

Question is.... Is there any way i can get this new one to work? or
will i have to sell it? :(

Also any one know how much the new one is worth (just a rough estimate)

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:

finch53

Member +
your old radio is made for the toyota loom, the new one should have come with a lead that plugs into the back and takes it to a standard iso, then youll need to go to halfrauds for the toyota harness which adapts your cars loom to standard iso, these are £14.99 or £15.99 cant remember exactly, but if you dont have the kenwood harness then they also sell the leads you need for that, think thats about £19.99 as a guess.
if in doubt just ask someone there.

The harness you need is the 'PC2-17-4'
If you need the kenwood one its just says 'kenwood iso' or similar on the packaging.

ps, i work at the robbing bastard place.

Phil.

Last edited:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
check ebay for one as halfords normally rip you off on these things, like they do with bulbs, battery's ect lol

D1v

Member +
Ok so went to toyota and bought a harness off the most unhelpful guy i have ever met :p

Photo629.jpg

As you can see in the pic i now have something that plugs into cd player but it does not fit into the grey plugs (as you can tell i havent a clue bout electrics lol) I want to no if i can just cut the 3 plugs off and start join wires together basically and if so think id need some kind of info about the cars audio wiring circuit so i no which wires connect to which, is that ok to do that? or is there an easier way?

D1v

Member +
On the back of the box i got with the loom it tells you which wire is which but there is a couple iam not sure that corrospond to that chart for example,

back of box: Aerial switched power,dial allumination,memory positive back up.

which would those ones mentioned above correspond to in that chart any 1 know?

finch53

Member +
as i put in my first reply. halfrauds do an adapter to take it from the car to the standard iso that you got from toyota. its about £15.99. pc2-17-4.
as someone else said, ebay is cheaper, but if your wanting it in now then go buy one from halfords, fit it, buy one off ebay, when that comes, swap it, then take the halfrauds one back.
i got my leads for my old focus off ebay, cause even with staff discount it was £10 cheaper on ebay.

Farley

Member +
yer mate you just need a 'toyota wiring adaptor' cost me £16.99 from halfords
i had EXACTLY the same problem

Last edited:

finch53

Member +
yer mate you just need a 'toyota wiring adaptor' cost me £16.99 from halfords
i had EXACTLY the same problem

as ive been saying, its by far the easiest way, saves a lot of hassle and effort, and as i said before, yes its expensive from halfrauds, but if he buys one from there, uses it while he gets one from ebay, swaps them when that arrives, then can take the halfords one back saying its the wrong one or something. id return it him if he came to the store i work in so cant see why others wouldnt.