Just fell in love

davehart

Member +
a 5th Injector? What the fuck, and what mad man would spend over two grand on a paint job like that!

durmz

Member +
i rekon he means a 5th spark plug in the exhaust...flames.

but.

wtf is that paint!? sort it out.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Have you guys never heard of a 5th injector? It's amethod of adding more fuel without putting bigger injectors in. You connect it to the boost pipes near the manifold. Would want it controlled properly mind, not by a button on the dash!

alan_d

Lifer
glitter was so pre 04 hehe

781260146a1991896630b209068012l.jpg

781260146a1702801756b154992808l.jpg

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Have you guys never heard of a 5th injector? It's amethod of adding more fuel without putting bigger injectors in. You connect it to the boost pipes near the manifold. Would want it controlled properly mind, not by a button on the dash!

Its amazing how many people dont know this trick Sam it has worked for me in the past ! ;)

alan_d

Lifer
Its amazing how many people dont know this trick Sam it has worked for me in the past ! ;)

its very very common in rotary tuning circles where you'll see secondary injectors running over 1000cc's up the intake. Ricky runs twin 750s on his TD06 mx5 too, the only issue being that sometimes they can be a b1tch to get a proper seal.

Theres a local tuner who insists on running a piggyback driver, and leaving the stock maps alone, with a map sensor signalling how much duty cycle the injectors run. it means that stock driveability is there, with additional fueling to suit.

Im not 110% sold on this method, as im convinced that correct atomisation wont occur by bouncing it off the other side of the intake pipe and sucked up in. That said, I can see the logic in retaining smaller injectors for finer atomisation of the fuel.