went into toyota the other day . . . . .

whiteglanzav

Member +
i went in to collect my new oil pump and i was chattin to the bloke behind the counter about starlets and i asked him just out of intrest if they could source new engines and turbos for them and he printed me out this . . . . .

27082009151.jpg

those prices are without vat and the engine doesnt come with any pumps/ manifolds etc

it is ridiculously expensive i laughed at him lol

ter-ep91

Member +
i no its expensive and everythin but it wud b savage to have a brand new engine and turbo
wud ya b able to reregister the car as n09 if u bought everythin engine wise brand new?b cool to c a 09 glanza lol

Kev

Member +
When you put VAT on those prices, the engine is £4249.25!!!!!!!!!!

The turbo is £1125.85!!!!

OUCH!

Kev

A

Animal GT

When you put VAT on those prices, the engine is £4249.25!!!!!!!!!!

The turbo is £1125.85!!!!

OUCH!

Kev

if i had the actual cash id buy it!!! would be cool to have a actual brand new engine!!! block etc all brand spankin new:rockon:

AdDaMan

Member +
I wana see the price with all the ancillaries aswell and Toyota to fit everything. I reckon that would easily be 9-10k.

turbojim

Lifer
thats crazy but you have to remember its not as if they are still makin the cars so it would be a special order im sure and owning an engine with no mileage would be awesome

SupaStu

Member +
Yeah, if I will the lotto, maybe I could buy all the parts new for the whole car, then stick them together, "The New 2009 Starlet" lol, with Recaro interior option, LSD etc of course

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I really like the idea of a spanking new engine but when rebuild /port/polish/ reboure/sprayed you come back with a similar thing.

I bought my 3SGTE with 10K on clock for £3100... Not tooo far off lol. At least i got turbo and all ancillaries with it though

If i were to rewind i wouldnt have done that though.

samc

Fresh Recruit
i just brought 2 front cv boots for mine and cost just over £140 !!!!!!!!

Thats for four bluddy rubbers, and some cv jelly !!