Tong Turbo Maximum. Help?

Lidders

Member +
Hello,
Looking for some advice on how i can acheive more power before forging my engine, What is the power rating from the tongs hybrid turbo? and how can i squeeze the max power from the turbo, Currently running 1.2 bar and 215.7bhp. any advice would be great.

Greddy Emange Gold.
TD12 Tongs hybrid turbo
Weper External wastegate manifold
Weper decat
Weper screamer pipe
Full custom exhaust system
TIAL 38mm external wastegate
HDI ebc
HDI front mount intercooler
Green cotton air filter (mounted in front grill)
NGK iridium plugs
Tuning developments catch can
255lph fuel pump
FPR with guage
Magnecor ignition leads

350ep70gr

Member +
I cant be much on help on what you after to know but my advice is to not push standard internals further than you already did.

Chris

Rumel786

Member +
Hello,
Looking for some advice on how i can acheive more power before forging my engine, What is the power rating from the tongs hybrid turbo? and how can i squeeze the max power from the turbo, Currently running 1.2 bar and 215.7bhp. any advice would be great.

Greddy Emange Gold.
TD12 Tongs hybrid turbo
Weper External wastegate manifold
Weper decat
Weper screamer pipe
Full custom exhaust system
TIAL 38mm external wastegate
HDI ebc
HDI front mount intercooler
Green cotton air filter (mounted in front grill)
NGK iridium plugs
Tuning developments catch can
255lph fuel pump
FPR with guage
Magnecor ignition leads

A few things to consider before thinking about more power, What inch wheels have you got? type etc? What tires are you running?

Also what other handling mods have you got?

Matchew

Member +
A few things to consider before thinking about more power, What inch wheels have you got? type etc? What tires are you running?

Very good point chap, also maybe get a better boost controller? who mapped it?

Fizturbo

Member +
Am usin a HDI ebc at moment only cause i like the boost guage with it,had a blitz 1 before an is miles better for shore.

Lidders

Member +

Hello mate,
Ive got 15" Rota wheels with Toyo T1R tyres, and ive got uprated front and rear brakes with mintex pads, (going to be ebc stuff soon) and have got trd shocks and springs.

So no more power is acheiveable without forging? and i was thinking about

Upgrading the ebc soon, when ive recoved from christmas. and coilovers will be fitted soon for the handling side (if any1 has any for swaps, or will just buy new) and looking at selling my wheels in the future for 16" wheels possibly with R888 or yoko advans A048. for the summer.

Rory

Lifer
I personally cant see much more gains from the turbo really.
Only real gains would be from headwork, that would free up a little bit more, but not much.

A forged motor wont give any gains in power, it gives you the scope to go further, but will not give you a power hike.

Lidders

Member +
I personally cant see much more gains from the turbo really.
Only real gains would be from headwork, that would free up a little bit more, but not much.

A forged motor wont give any gains in power, it gives you the scope to go further, but will not give you a power hike.

Im not looking to forge to take this turbo further, im either going down the TD04/5 route i think, maybe a garett turbo but going to look into it alot more first, might see what turbo technics can do to my turbo to make it up to about 275/300hp poss bigger housing etc....

TurboDave

Member +
Im not looking to forge to take this turbo further, im either going down the TD04/5 route i think, maybe a garett turbo but going to look into it alot more first, might see what turbo technics can do to my turbo to make it up to about 275/300hp poss bigger housing etc....

You wont get that sort of power with the CT9 exhaust flange, you would need a larger unit/core.

Matchew

Member +
Yeah i know weston, had a rr'd there never rated them myself personally, when i had my glanza, tuningdevelopments mapped it for me told i paid £200 for them to do it and told them it was live mapped they said "well you get what you pay for" went on the rollers made 191bhp, 185 torque on a stock ct9 all they could say was "Oh thats a really good result nice curve" tossers ate there words.
Wouldnt use them again to overpriced £85 for a power run rip off

Matchew

Member +
I had my car mapped at Weston last time round, done a very good job imo although, agreed they are pricey!

Not knocking there work, just them as people they came across as very arrogant and cocky which means alot to me dont want to be giving my hard earned to people like them and they were rude to my mrs, very patronising like she didnt know anything about cars which she does, anyway back on topic

shawzy

Member +
hi m8 im new to all this dont no wer to write seen you online lol
i have a prob i just put a speedvision turbo on my starlet and boost dont kick in until 4000revs and turnin boost controller up and no differenceand only goin up to 0.5 bar somthin really rong could you be of any help thanks scott