piston

1. G

Can anyone ID these pistons ?

Found a picture of when I had my head off, it’s an old engine built probably over 10 years ago, just out of interest if anything
  2. Y

Minor differences on stock pistons and rods, what to put in?

Hello everyone, I bought second-hand 4EFTE "first-gen" pistons and rods from an EP82 to replace the bent rods on cylinder numbers 1 and 4. While cleaning them up, I noticed on the rods I bought that the conrod notch is deeper than the ones that came from the car. Both rods are thick to be...
  3. S

Newbie in need of help,please

Hi everyone.iv followed this forum for quite a while but iv never set up and account. Iv had my 1997 Glanza v for about 2years now I sold it for a while but regretted it after about a day and had to buy it back. Well a couple of months ago my car started spraying oil out the rocker cover...
  4. wildchild

Wanted OEM 4EFTE single Piston & Rod + Thermostat housing

As above im looking for a used oem 4efte single piston and con rod as well as a thermostat housing (swirl pot) and an oil filter housing. Need it posted to 20060, Kandy, Sri Lanka. Pls let me know as im in a bit of a hurry. Thanks for your time.
  5. M

Engine Sound Help

Hey guys i looked at a Starlet earlier and the owner was advised that this was "Piston slapping", however even when cold there is no sound, it can only be heard when the car is revved as in this video at idle, when putting slight pressure the gas to maintain revs and when decelerating. Wierd...