0.5 bar of boost?

Turbo for balls

Fresh Recruit
hi everyone

the last few days i have noticed that my gt is not boosting properly.

i understand that gt's run at 0.8 bar standered and mine is runing at 0.5 on full boost, and when it rev's to 6500k it goes up slighly and the boost gauge flickers.

i dont really know where to start with this, is it a prob with the turbo? or the actuator?

or could there be a leak somwhere.

thanks in advance!

matt walters

Member +
id check all your intercooler piping and vacuum lines for a start matey. i had the same probel on mine and i just tightened all my jubilee clips up and sorted it :)

but yeah start bt checking the free things that could be wrong, dont wanna be shelling out for un needed things :)

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
Yea m8 sounds like a leak, as said above check all your pipe work make sure you got no leaks.. I had a problem where my car was only boosting to 0.6 then dropping off at high RPM .. Turns out it was my actuator had gone week so i bought a HKS one :)

Turbo for balls

Fresh Recruit
yeh that could well be the problem, my mate fitted ad new mani and downpipe a little while ago and the pipes were all disconnected so they may not have been done up properly.

it was boosting properly after that was fitted tho.

im going to check it out now will it is still light

thanks guys once again :)

Turbo for balls

Fresh Recruit
well i checked the intercooler pipes and all the other vac pipes, and test drove it and made little diffrence.

if the turbo was on its way out would it be doing this? and smoke a bit?