14's or 15's

LoganK

Member +
Going to get new alloys.

Want something lightweight and JDM!

I had 14's on before but handling wasnt that great but was better on 15's!

What size would people reccommend?

Any alloys?

Also just bought a Koni and Tein Road suspension package so car is lowered 40mm at the front and dont know how many mm at the back :)

Any help is appreciated!

P.S Would like a crazy colour as my car is black! Not white but!

riko666

Member +
I have my 14" Watanabes! Yes, I know, 14", but I can get them refurbished in any colour you want, and the tyres on them are excellent - really are unflappable, lots of grip in wet or dry, really communicates well the available grip. Only selling as my pending brake setup won't fit with 14's :eek:

To be honest, wheel size in isolation won't have much effect on handling - tyre dimensions yes, but of importance is wheel weight as well. A bigger wheel will generally ride worse due to thinner sidewall (less absorption of force from tyre), and heavier weight meaning greater reactive force from bumps and bla bla

Last edited:

LoganK

Member +
Hmm.. I seen them, look amazin and that but i was running 14's and handling was ok, but on 15's the handling was improved alot!

Maybe because I was running on the standard toyota 14" wheels ? (they didnt seem to have alot of width!)

How wide are the Watanbes ?

riko666

Member +
stock size I'm afraid - 14 x 6j, but I've never had issues with traction (only recently with the uprated front ARB, and only at higher speeds)

on a previous set of the tyres, they would actually get gummy and sticky after trackday sessions! Unfortunately they are discontinued though

LoganK

Member +
stock size I'm afraid - 14 x 6j, but I've never had issues with traction (only recently with the uprated front ARB, and only at higher speeds)

on a previous set of the tyres, they would actually get gummy and sticky after trackday sessions! Unfortunately they are discontinued though

Sorry im a newbie lol whats ARB ?

Hmm very tempting... need to think would these be worth it in 14's?

LoganK

Member +
Cool!

I will have a think, I just think handling is better on 15's and can get tyres easier without having to pay alot for them..