2 dump valves ? why ?

turbojim

Lifer
maybe he feels it gives off a nicer sound than one?? i cant see any performance upgrade with it to be honest so maybe its just a personal thing

glanzaj03

Member +
maybe he feels it gives off a nicer sound than one?? i cant see any performance upgrade with it to be honest so maybe its just a personal thing

that's what i was thinking. do you think there's any disadvantage to doing it ? i can't see any advantage or disadvantage that would come from doing it so like you say it must just be louder or something.

turbojim

Lifer
well there could be disadvantages or advantages very very minor ones that is in performance, there was tests done on a pulsar gtir wit no d/v with a atmospheric d/v and with a recirculating d/v and it was found that the car performed at its best with no d/v but this varys from car to car and you are talkin very minor upgrades like a 1/10th of a second off your 1/4 mile

MentaLEP91

Member +
well in this case its only for acoustics...

ive seen a lancer evo here that runs Methanol and 3bars boost of a BIG turbo that needs 2 fairly big dv to dump the excessive volume of air

alan_d

Lifer
theres loads of arguements for and against, but if you look at most epic drag cars like the ex duke, now TR Racing skyline, it runs twin Wastegates, in order to keep the piston size smaller and the action faster.
The only benefit to using twin DVs on a charge side would be to dump a givewn volume of air in half the time, but as said before, it would need to be pushing mad CFMs of air to really make it worthwhile

carbon

Member +
tell ye, thats some milage for a punto, id say he must have gone through a fair few headgaskets. and probly brakes down every day:haha:

JayEP82

Member +
why any1 would want 2 use 1 baileys dv is beyond me. i really disslike the sound of em! so 2 of em is just crazyness surley
:shoot:

jimmer

Member +
i always thought it was simply because they are running such a big amount of boost that only the one dump valve can't dump the excess pressure fast enough, so having two sorts that problem out.

Spoonz

Member +
i think you'll find that hes brought a kit and it never came with the bung to go in the other hole on the ic pipe so has just used another dumpvalve instead also alot of the punto guys do this and use different kinds of bovs for different noises

Spoonz

Member +
i always thought it was simply because they are running such a big amount of boost that only the one dump valve can't dump the excess pressure fast enough, so having two sorts that problem out.

nots the amount of boost its the volume of the boost i could run 2 bar on a ct9 and it be fine with 1 bov but run 2 bar of boost on something 10times bigger and 1 dumpvalve may not work has good if u get what im sayin

p.s this dose not mean u can run 2 bar on a ct9 :haha: