2000RPM when AC is on

tiksie

Member +
So I got my AC regassed today as I put my condenser back on as it's getting pretty hot here!

I noticed when the AC is on, the idle will go up to 2000RPM from 850RPM idle.

The idle screw is adjusted all the way in on the throttle body so it rules that out.

Here's the thing though, when I disconnect the IAC valve on the side of the intake manifold

IMG_0404.jpg

The idle goes down to normal and there's about a 150RPM increase when the AC is on.

I would've thought that a faulty IACV would cause it to go down rather than up ? With the IACV connected and AC off, the idle is normal, IACV disconnected, the idle is still normal.. The only difference is:

AC ON IACV OFF = normal RPM increase of 150RPM~
AC ON IACV ON = 2000RPM

I've previously removed it and cleaned the inside but it was pretty clean to begin with.

Any other idea's as to why this is happening ? Or would the IACV be the only culprit to cause this kind of issue ?

Thanks!

dac69er

Super Moderator
there is another solenoid valve with an adjustment screw on it. it is usually mounted on the firewall. you adjust the aircon idle speed with that :)

do you have a GT or Glanza?

tiksie

Member +
there is another solenoid valve with an adjustment screw on it. it is usually mounted on the firewall. you adjust the aircon idle speed with that :)

do you have a GT or Glanza?

You're a legend mate, I will have a look around for that valve.

I have a EP82 GT

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dac69er again.