2e gearbox in 4efte

5p1ff

Member +
Whom has done this and did it work out. Im keeping my options open as the only other gearbox i have direct access to is from a smashed ep95 . Did i say really badly smashed like the car swerved a bus then smacked a cow before landing in a ditch. So there is a better condition 2e from a tazz cant find out the year but it says 2e 1295.

So my question is take my chances wit the ep95 gearbox that has been opened b4 (cracked bellhousing that seems like engineering can make a difference) or 2e untouched gearbox. ???

FeNder

Member +
i was running 2e flywheel and 2e gbox on 4efte , it was 4 speed , and weak too , bad ratios , so i didnt really like it , it held up with a stock 4e though

5p1ff

Member +
I know that finx that told me the detailed problem on the c150 gearbox . Just wanted to know if its a better bet taking a gearbox with damage to bellhousing from a ep95 versus 2e thats in one piece.

Should i take the chance with ep95 or not. I wish i had taken a pick when i saw it . But for now my money is on the ep95 . comparing the two if they were both fine the better gearbox is the ep95 right :confused: from what ive read from here and there.

FeNder

Member +
if i were to make that choice ,
if i know the 2e is 100% and i have the 2e flywheel , ill take it untill i find a good gt gearbox , i dont want a dodgy box f### my car lol

Fatman

Member +
The biggest problem I see with your choices is that the gearbox from an EP95 is a 4wd unit :confused: No way that's going to work well.

You can use the gearbox from the 2e and it will work adequately but be prepared for it to break. Finx has broken a pile of 2e gearboxes, he knows what he's talking about ;)

finx

Member +
you dont require the 2e flywheel to run the 2e box.
as highlighted by fatman ep95 box is 4wd and will not work at all.
cracked bellhousing will be more hassel/cost by the time you get it welded also than getting another good condition gearbox.