3 stage boost lights in dash

Texx

Super Moderator
If it's the same as the boost gauge in the Mk2/Mk3 GT, the signal is the PIM voltage output from the MAP sensor.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would imagine it is still the same. what management are you using? have you only fitted the td04, or has anything else been fitted or modified?

xx YICK xx

Member +
Was originally ct9, walbro, fcd, fmic...All i have done is fitted td04 new i/c pipework and removed a/c really cant understand it

Paul_JJ

Member +
If it's the same as the boost gauge in the Mk2/Mk3 GT, the signal is the PIM voltage output from the MAP sensor.

Does that mean when using FCD the MAP sensor would give false reading and the green lights would still come up according to the factory setup, but because of the FCD they would come up at different (modified) boost level? So If I have a boost gauge then I could see what is the actual adjustment made? If I only knew the standard settings -) I hope what I've said makes sense -) That's of course assuming an HKS FCD being used which would affect the whole range, not just the high boost level.

Texx

Super Moderator
Does that mean when using FCD the MAP sensor would give false reading and the green lights would still come up according to the factory setup, but because of the FCD they would come up at different (modified) boost level? So If I have a boost gauge then I could see what is the actual adjustment made? If I only knew the standard settings -) I hope what I've said makes sense -) That's of course assuming an HKS FCD being used which would affect the whole range, not just the high boost level.

I get what your saying Paul. Any affect on the boost lights would depend as to where the FCD was wired in. If wired at the MAP sensor the boost lights would light up relevant to the increase in boost pressure allowed by the FCD, if wired at the ECU the boost lights would likely be fully illuminated before the new peak boost pressure was reached.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Mine is wired directly to the Map sensor. I will monitor it and write down the amount of lights illuminated and the boost level according to the boost gauge. I remember that the low boost had just 2 green lights and the "High" boost had all 3, so the high boost was illuminating at around 0.5+ bar.