3rd party insurance - declaring mods

Momin

Member +
Hi,

Im wondering if you take out 3rd party insurance do you need to declare mods? Iv been reading up on this and most forums/places on the net lead me to believe they dont really care.

From what i can make out, the insurers arnt really to bothered because they are only going to repair the 3rd party's car.

My car is standard bar basic mods (Brakes, lowered, even got the standard filter) so im just wondering if i should declare them.

Cheers

Gee

Member +
And if you smahed into a bently or something and the repairs were £50,000 what then? Would they come out and then view the car and if you had undeclared mods, void your insurance and you would have to fork out?

I'm not sure, but I'd say it would work something like that.

If you have mods, declare them. That my advice.

If you think they are not bothered, then tell them.

C

CTR_Timmy

Hi,

Im wondering if you take out 3rd party insurance do you need to declare mods? Iv been reading up on this and most forums/places on the net lead me to believe they dont really care.

From what i can make out, the insurers arnt really to bothered because they are only going to repair the 3rd party's car.

My car is standard bar basic mods (Brakes, lowered, even got the standard filter) so im just wondering if i should declare them.

Cheers

I would declare everything! I had a bumper stolen off my modified C2 and was glad that it was delcared as the front alone cost 1000 to repair as the bastards stripped the whole of my front end inc fog lights :mad:

I always insure fully comp