4efe vs 4efte gearbox...

apai

Fresh Recruit
hye guys! i need some ideas frm u mates. is there any differences between 4efe and 4efte gearbox? i swapped my engine from 4efte to 4efe last week. my 4e-turbo engine was totally messed. so, i bought an engine only which is 4e-n/a without gearbox, ecu, throttle body, etc and already installed on my engine bay. i fitted my old gearbox which is from 4e-turbo to this new 4e-n/a and the ecu as well. so, is there any differences on the gear ratio? plus, am i safe running the 4efe using the 4efte ecu? the car already running but, never been tested to the limit yet. hopefully i can get some replies frm u guys. thanks!

apai

Fresh Recruit
thanks gayan. there's a high rev sound from the gear box when my rpm reach 3500 and above. is there any issue from the clutch plate? what do u think? because it seems like my engine holding some power put in certain circumstances the power can't be release due to something. is my clutch slipped?

dantheman

Member +
u should be fine..that ecu will do more good than harm for a N/A...not sure about the gear ratio

whys that then?

think the mapping will be totally wrong for the n/a engine, and the fueling will be all over the place no doubt. not saying it wont run, but cant see how it will run half as good as it would with the n/a ecu, let alone better

apai

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reply mates. first of all the ecu. so far, everything seems ok. the idling is more like my previous 4efte... 1100 rpm. (that because im running with 4efte ecu i guess). it helps a lot so far especially when i switch on the aircond. i can't feel the lag of power which is normally the engine will be a little bit heavy.

for the gearing, i'll check my gearbox soon to find out what was actually happened wheter the clutch plate or the bearing. i need some early peak for my gearing on 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears and some top speed for the 4th and final, because i can't erase the performance of my previous 4efte. :rockon:

btw, how can i get some loger ratio for my gearing? anybody done before with the gearing? would like to hear some ideas frm u guys.

i'll upload my picture soon with the previous and current engine just to share with u guys. thanks! cheers!!!

-_-

Member +
so what other gear box can be used on a 4E FTE..(ep91)...can the one from the ep82 work?? and what about d gear ratio?

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
You will need to use the 4e ECU you can't use the 4efte ECU as it won't run right, also the 4e box has much shorter ratios so 4e won't have the right power band to push the car but if it's a temp fix them will be okay. Why don't you fix the 4efte or did you plan too?

Thanks,

T

Last edited:

villen25

Member +
You will need to use the 4e ECU you can't use the 4efte ECU, also the 4e box has much shorter ratios so 4e won't have the right power band to push the car but if it's a temp fix them will be okay. Why don't you fix the 4efte or did you plan too?

Thanks,

T

yea i know dat too, my car has in a 3e transmission dat sucks, still trying to fing out where i can source parts to fix my 4efte trans:( or what american car carries the same or better one

fastglanza

Member +
yes i only said that it will do more harm than good "in the general sense" I doubt it will overfuel too much as his ecu wud just be stuck in thinking its reading vaccum all the time..timing wud be an issue too but its gonna be lower..

As said to get it to the optimum performance the 4efe ecu is needed..