4efte problem HELP needed :(

A172

Member +
Hello guys...I'm new to this forum so please bear with me with this problem I've been having...

I have an ep91 4efte in my vehicle and about a couple of weeks ago I was driving the car and it just started to die off on me anytime I stepped on the gas pedal. I stopped the car, shut off and restarted. The car began driving like normal again.

I inspected the engine bay and I saw that the coil wire from the distributor to the coil was burnt right down the middle. I changed this wire but the problem was still there. Since then, once the car was driven for a few minutes it would drive fine, and just die off after a while of driving...straight to the point where there would be nothing once the gas pedal was pressed. Once it's shut off for a while, it begins driving ok again.

So now I changed coil/igniter, distributor was checked and plugs changed and plug wires are fine. Also checked for vacuum leaks...

Now the problem has become worse. Car will just die quickly after being started and refuses to rev past 2500 rpm while idling...just dies off like before...

The only thing I'm thinking now is ECU...but can this be the cause of these symptoms I'm having?

The car is a Chevy Joy with a 4efte swap....I'm using a 3S fuel pump and my wiring seems to be in order also...

Anyone got any ideas as to why this problem is occurring? I'm at my wits end here.

Any assistance that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.